Sunday, January 6, 2019

I Would Like to Talk With You

Dear Reader,
In 2019, I would like to finally talk with you. It is going to be great. It is no coincidence I often repeat this message, as only very few people do actually talk with me. If you don’t like to read my often repeated message, it must be because it disturbs your tenacious belief that you can learn about Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) without talking with me. My writing is to let you know that this is not true. You will not get anything out of my writing as long as you don’t talk with me. Only those who have talked with me get something out of my writing. I am very serious about this, as I know you have been conditioned to believe that what is written will change your behavior. It will not. This message needs to be repeated, as you need to be reminded that you haven’t talked with me and you haven’t changed.
I may sound stupid to you, but as long as you don’t talk with me, you literally can’t hear me. By repeating myself, it may become clear that I am serious about what I write and what you read. If you would be serious about what I have written, you would be reading it out loud and listen to the sound of your own voice while you read. I want you to know that if you are reading these words without producing any sound, you are not serious about what I have written. I don’t want to talk with you to make you listen to me, I want to talk with you to make you listen to you.
You may not believe me, but the only way you are going to be able to change, is if you listen to yourself while you speak. My writing is based on my way of talking, SVB, in which I stimulate you to listen to yourself while you speak. Actually, in SVB we all stimulate each other to listen to our selves while we speak. The positive changes that are possible with this simple, pragmatic process are enormous, but these changes will only occur if you begin to speak in order to be able to listen.
It is a disastrous myth that human psychology is in any way enhanced by what we read. Stated differently, the printed word cannot replace the spoken word. Whatever is written can only make sense to the extent that it is spoken and listened to. Most of what is written prevents speaking as it is not listened to. If writing makes you talk, it makes you talk in in a predetermined manner as it has strengthened your belief. My writing is not going to add to your many burdensome beliefs.
If you would begin to listen to your voice while you read what you read, you would notice that most of what you read distracts you from who you are. You cannot read my words, silently or out loud, without realizing that they are about you. These words are written with the only purpose that you will hear yourself when you read them out loud. Don’t bother with how you sound. Just sound the way you do when you are not trying to sound important, kind, open, powerful, strong, knowledgeable, free, honest, humble, polite, in control, independent, on top of it and confident.
When you listen to yourself while you speak and when you no longer try to make yourself sound in any particular kind of way, you will be able to effortlessly step out of your long conditioning history with Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). It is such a liberating process. You will notice that you no longer have NVB, but SVB. You will know it for sure, you can hear it that you are authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment