Tuesday, October 4, 2016

June 11, 2015



June 11, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader, 
 
This writing will be my second response to “Zen and Behavior Analysis” (2010) by Bass. It could be argued that I have never quite completely overcome my tendency to talk back at people. All my writings are in essence an expression of that. I think there is something more important than writing. I never wanted to write, I wanted to talk, but now that I write, I am not going to mince words. I don’t forget about the importance of talking while I am writing, but most writing seems to diminish our way of talking. The paper I am reviewing is just another example of such writing. 


Even when people are talking they are not really talking. They are often talking in a coercive manner. Based on the sound of their voice,, I already don’t like what they say and I don’t  want to hear it. People who have accused me of not listening to them were right. I wasn’t listening to them, I didn’t want to listen to them and I think that nobody wants to listen to someone who sounds noxious.


In this paper not much can be understood about what I call Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB), the kind of talking in which the speaker’s voice is annoying, From an early age, I felt a strong reaction to say something back to someone who sounds mean, threatening, intimidating, forceful, and disrespectful. It got me in trouble millions of times, but I am not complaining. To the contrary, I feel fortunate to have such a low shit threshold. My whole life I have been hearing that something is wrong with me, but nothing is wrong with me, I just don’t like to be violated and abused.


I don't like to be involved in NVB and I have no time for it. To me NVB is the basis for everything which is wrong in this world. The terrible things people do is because they were reacting against NVB. They didn’t want it,, they fought against it, and they tried to stop it, but they didn’t know they wanted to haveSound Verbal  Behavior (SVB), the way of talking in which we all sound good.  Had they known SVB, they would, have had it. I am not claiming that I or anyone else can have SVB all the time, but I know what SVB is and therefore I have it often.


Most people don’t know what SVB is, but yet they think they do. In other words, while they manipulate, dominate, distract, force and, avoid authentic conversation, they make it seem as if they are doing something great, as if they are contributing something positive. Fact is,, however, they are not contributing anything positive, but they are taking something away. They take away your life, your energy, your attention, your feelings and they try to make you think that it is for your own good that you should be obedient and let them do the talking. I used to oppose them, but nowadays I don’t waste my time on them anymore. They are not worth my time. All my time goes to SVB and to those people who are open for it. The students I teach in my Principles of Psychology classes are the most available and after one semester they get it. This is the best I have achieved with a group of people. This is the longest I have worked with any group. I look forward to the fall semester and I enjoy my summer without teaching. T will be teaching three classes and I feel very fortunate. Although I don't make much money I like what I do and my students appreciate me and reinforce me.

No comments:

Post a Comment