Sunday, January 6, 2019

Since You Are Not Contacting Me

Dear Reader,
Since you are not contacting me, I am contacting you. If you had contacted me, there would have been no need for me to contact you. I don’t need to contact you, but I am able to contact you and I know that you are unable to contact me. I also know that I contact you in a different way than many other people do. I don’t contact you to be admired by you, to impress you or to pretend that I have the solution to all your problems.
I contact you to talk with you, as I like to share with you my Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB). If you let me explain to you what SVB is, you will find it is a great treasure. SVB is not what it is because of me, but I happen to be the one who discovered it and who knows quite a lot about it. The importance of SVB also has nothing to do with you. If you want it to be important for you, you will not be able to have it. You are used to a superficial, energy-draining way of talking in which everyone demands and struggles to get the attention. Surely, Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB), your current way of talking, makes you feel better than others, but I am contacting you to have SVB with me. To me, there is no greater pleasure than to enjoy SVB together with others.
Since I am already having SVB on my own and with those who are learning about it from me, I don’t need you to have SVB with me. Many of the topics you keep bringing up are unimportant to me, as they are all related to NVB. If there is no one to have SVB with, I will still continue to have it on my own. You could do the same, but instead you engage in NVB, as you have totally forgotten that you would like to have SVB. Yes, I believe you want to have SVB, even if you never talk with me. Talking with me proves my point.
If you get to talk with me, we will be talking about, we will analyze, how we control each other’s way of talking. We can only develop an effective technology of behavior after we have acknowledged that our common way of talking, NVB, has prevented us from this development. By engaging in SVB, we will learn to talk about control of behavior in a positive manner. Due to our involvement in NVB, we avoid, demonize and forget about that inescapable fact that all human behavior is determined and therefore is controlled. The question is not whether behavior is controlled, but how we will control behavior. Only by engaging in SVB are we able to plan the necessary contingencies that reliably produce effective, healthy, happy and stable behavior.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most obnoxious thing I have ever read. It's like listening to an advertisement for a magical cure all. There's no reasonable explanation of what you're talking about. It's all feel good high horse claptrap. Sounds like some bs you can use to claim yourself right in any disagreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kevin, you must be really full of shit to write what you wrote. It is interesting how my writing triggers you.

    ReplyDelete