Saturday, July 23, 2016

March 30, 2015



March 30, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader, 

 
Today it is my mother’s birthday, but I am not in contact with her anymore. I think of her and wish her well. I have broken off all contact with my family as I kept feeling negatively affected and wanted it to stop. It has stopped. To my surprise, I am happier without them. The suffering involved in dealing with my family has finally come to an end. I never thought I would do such a thing, but, although I have been going back and forth on this issue numerous times, by now I haven’t contacted anybody of my family in years. 


It feels like I am living my own life now. I wasn’t able to do that when I was still in thinking of them. I hope that they have a similar experience of relief, but I doubt it. My family wants me to be something which I am not and blames me for creating problems. I have been struggling with this for almost 55 years. Only in recent times I feel I'm coming into my own. 


I don’t have any hard feelings towards anyone. Also, I don’t regret that it went the way it did. In fact, I am pleased with where I am at. Now that I am feeling this way, there is really not much to think about anymore. This is what was needed for all of us. It has been very difficult, but things are calm and peaceful now. I sit here and I think with love of my dear mother and father. I don’t miss them anymore and I accept that we have drifted apart. I wish my mother is not too unhappy about this, because I know that she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment