Friday, February 24, 2017

November 26, 2015



November 26, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Students,

During Thanksgiving Break I have read and scored your papers. Many of you have written about things you struggle with. You have taught me a great deal about depression, post-partum, anxiety,  depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, the unanswered questions about 9-11, schizophrenia, medication, PSTD, ADHD, autism, sexual abuse, anorexia, verbal abuse, OCD, divorce, abandonment, stress, insomnia, color blindness, magic mushrooms, marijuana, addiction, alcoholism, night terrors, the use of electronica instead of real interaction and Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) to address and remediate these immense disorders.

I am moved and intrigued by your matter-of-factness and I realize that our class is a sample of American culture. I didn’t grow up like you.  I grew up in the Netherlands, where there is much more equality and less violence. Although I admire your toughness and resilience, I acknowledge there is only so much anyone can do to deal with one’s issues. Life continues regardless whether one sinks or swims. However, many of you have expressed thoughts about SVB or the lack thereof and were able to analyze their problems in terms of the ubiquity of Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). Those of you who praised SVB spoke of it as if it was the last straw you were hanging onto. I’m sad that SVB is missing from your lives.

As I was speaking with you today, I was aware of my  authority and responsibility. I was responding to the troubles you have shared with me and I emphasized once more that without SVB we are falling apart. In two weeks fall semester will be over and I will no longer be in the position to influence your behavior. During these last meetings you can experience the accumulative effects of my teaching. As some of you courageously read your papers to the class, the conversation was no longer about psychology topics from a book, but it was about our lifes. By reading what you had written, the dissociative effects of NVB were temporarily suspended and reality was visible and audible. I am proud of what you have achieved and I can hear that many of you are on your way to better things than what you have so far experienced. Your exploration of verbal behavior will continue and novel experiences are awaiting you in spite of your previous conditioning. Your behavioral changes are small and incremental. It is out of these minimal steps that a new future will be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment