Wednesday, April 13, 2016

August 12, 2014



August 12, 2014

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Behaviorist

Dear Reader, 

 
Even after 25 years of talking about it, practicing it and researching it, I am still hesitant to say that I have discovered something, which, to my knowledge, was not discovered by anyone else. The first couple of years after discovering it, I was hardly able to believe that Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) really was something. Many years went by in which I was mainly trying to prove to myself that it truly was something. Then, many more years went by in which I felt very lonely with my discovery. I knew I had found something, but I was unable to share it, because I was too busy studying for my Ph.D. in Psychology. It was very strange to have reached the point of candidacy, but not to find any academic capable of sharing any interest in my finding, which was reinforced by my clinical experience.


After I had withdrawn from the program, I came back to Chico, where I began to teach myself behaviorism and recently I began studying behaviorology. I now consider myself a behaviorologist, because I see myself as a scientist of verbal behavior. What I have discovered is a natural process, which has been replicated numerous times with the many individuals who have experimented with SVB. 


Tonight I talked with a lady who is the head of the local market. It was wonderful to bring SVB to her. I no longer have any false hopes about it, like I did when I first found it. The lady cried when she realized that she had found what she had been missing and looking for. It felt great just to give it to her with no expectation.


In the past, I wanted to make money with it, but that was just a stand in the way. Because of my knowledge about conditioning, I no longer see myself as a therapist and I have lost all interest in therapy. This has freed me up. I do my own thing. I have my income from being a case-manager and a college instructor, but I don’t feel that I have to make money with SVB, although it would of course be great if I could. However, SVB enriches me beautifully these days and I have not benefitted from it and enjoyed it as much as I currently do. Many things are going in the right direction and my successes are accumulating week by week. My conversation with this lady fulfilled her need and I felt so good about being able to do that for her. She was very grateful and totally acknowledging the validity of my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment