Tuesday, April 12, 2016

July 24, 2014



July 24, 2014

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Behaviorist

Dear Reader, 

It is 1:30am in the night and this verbalizer is sitting in a chair (which belonged to his beloved father-in-law) near an open window. Nearby a bird is singing beautifully. The air is cool and the monotonous moving sounds of cars driving by in the distance create a contrast to the variation of the song. What an elaborate repertoire. The bird sings something new every moment. It goes on and on.


How wonderful to just sit here and to write these words. How peaceful and calm is this moment in which thoughts don’t seem to have any importance.  My skin, the circumference of my body, enjoys this freshness and my sleepiness will soon be satisfied when I go back to bed again. Once my head will land on my pillow, I will be fast asleep, no questions asked, because there is nothing to think of.


Before I go, I like to praise this blissful moment and be absorbed in it with all my heart. I dedicate it to those who don’t experience this. I hope they too find this peace. We can all have it. It is there for everyone if only we would wake up to it, hear it and relax into it. It is 2:00am and the midnight concert keeps going.  A dog nearby is barking. The bird responds and the barking soon subsides.  


When sentences like these are spread out over time and only as few as eight words per minute get written onto this page, there is a lot of space for them to come together. This joining is happening due to natural circumstances in which the verbalizer, the writer, the speaker is attuned to and in harmony with the mediator, the reader, the listener. And, the sky is clear and full of stars...


When the sleep sets in and no more words are added, the bird's serenade will still continue. Waiting for that moment is so rewarding and when that good old friend arrives, gifts of love and goodness are exchanged in a speechless embrace. We knew we would meet again to have this reunion.  We are grateful and we acknowledge that everything that has happened made our connection possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment