Saturday, November 5, 2016

July 11, 2015



July 11, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer


Dear Reader, 
 
This is the fourth writing which includes findings that were reported by the animal researchers Owren and Rendall in their paper “An affect conditioning model of nonhuman primate vocal signaling” (1997). 


First, I want to write about my current experiences. At this point, there is a gap of seven days in my writing. I am trying to catch up as it feels as if I have somehow fallen behind.   


I feel a certain duty to my journal. For some reason, I want to produce an entry every day. If a day is missing, I feel I have left out something. Not too long ago, I began to write entries of seven pages per day. It was harder and harder to keep up and it became so exhausting that I gave it up. 


My recent writings have been only two or three pages long and I am happier with that. I don’t like my lengthiness, but I like my brevity. The good thing is that ‘falling behind’ made me discover that I want to go on with shorter writings and that will also help me to catch up. 


It seems as if I am writing these words to fill pages of non-existing book, which is only read by me.  Yet, this is how I operate and ‘being back on track’, is appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment