Sunday, November 6, 2016

July 15, 2015



July 15, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer
 


Dear Reader, 

 
This is the eight writing which includes findings that were reported by the animal researchers Owren and Rendall in their paper “An affect conditioning model of nonhuman primate vocal signaling” (1997).


My latest entries are very satisfying to me because I seem to be able to leap over the days with giant steps. I know it sounds a little exaggerated, but it is sort of miracle to me that can do this. I have covered already more than half the distance and I am still only three days behind. 


I love to play with language like this. What else is falling behind, getting off track and catching than a bunch of words produced by my private speech? The imaginary audience, who reads this and makes writing a worthwhile activity, is my own reading, which happens mostly after I have written. 


First I write and then I read. There doesn’t seem to be such a thing as in speaking, that one can listen while one speaks. It doesn’t seem to be the case that I am reading while I am writing. I think that this is one of the many illusions which are created by printed language. 


The idea that the writer reads while he or she writes is based on the fact that one's private speech is calming down. Writing then is a method for calming down one’s private speech in the absence of others. 


It seems to be true that even the illusion of such a benefit is meaningful to the readers who want to read it. I wonder how much calming down is really good for us? Frankly, I think much so-called calmed down speech is toxic. 


There is a difference between being calm and trying to calm down. While trying to calm down we create the illusion of being calm, but in reality we are seldom calm. We stop trying to calm down when we are really calm. Thus, in SVB, we are not trying to calm down, but we are calm, whereas in NVB we pretend to be be calming down, but we are never really calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment