Sunday, November 6, 2016

July 12, 2015



July 12, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer


Dear Reader, 
 
This is the fifth writing which includes findings that were reported by the animal researchers Owren and Rendall in their paper “An affect conditioning model of nonhuman primate vocal signaling” (1997). 


I use this opening for today’s writing knowing that I will probably not be writing about this paper today. By the way, this writing was not done on July 12, 2015, but on July 18, 2015, because I want to catch up with being behind,  while staying focused on the ‘work’ I need to do, that is, write about the above and other papers that have evolutionary evidence for Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) and Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). 


In yesterday’s writing, I made the bold decision to write an entry of only one page. I am going to stick with that until I am back on track. It is quite interesting that reviewing the situation allowed me to make that decision. 


Getting back on track by writing long entries was not going to happen. That was why I was falling behind in the first place. I have this strong sense of completion, which I feel obliged to. Now I am okay with writing one-page entries and I am sure I will be back on track soon.


Another decision was made: I am not going to write today about the above mentioned paper. Let’s face it, on July 12, 2015, I didn’t feel like writing about it, so why pretend to write about it today? I mention this to keep my focus and to get through this catching up business quicker. 


I also was not writing much lately because there was a mismatch between the reader and the writer. My writing had become writing for others and I myself as the reader had moved into the background more and more.


It can be compared to NVB, in which the speaker wants others to listen to him or her, but is not listening to him or herself. Interestingly, this was what the paper was about: vocalizations primates make to influence others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment