Sunday, November 13, 2016

July 31, 2015



July 31, 2015

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer



Dear Reader, 

 
This nightly writing helps me to catch up. I was reading and writing about one paper and it took me a long time. It took me many days and because of that I fell behind and wasn’t able to produce an entry for every day. The mosquito, which apparently flew away, woke us up and allowed me to write these words, which create order in my thoughts.


There are a couple of things I must do today. I need to tell my client that I can’t work for him on Friday and would like to work on Thursday if that is okay with him. Also, I must make sure I am home on Friday to receive the phone call interview. Then, this afternoon I need to pick up my new glasses. And, I will try to get a few hours of sleep this afternoon.


Tonight I will go to open-mike. I still need to decide which songs I am going to sing. It is not a big deal as I have many songs that I can chose from. These songs are to me as my poems once were; they are like blue-prints of what I am all about. I love to express myself in a song. I have found that the simpler the better. I enjoy simple and short songs.  


Sometimes I hear a beautiful melody and I get excited as if I have found a great treasure. The more I love a melody, the better it fits with me and the easier it is for me to write lyrics to it. It amazes me how effortlessly I come up with something autobiographical to write. I let the music speak to me and singing makes me feel that I am interacting with the composer.


The silence of the early morning speaks to me too. It is still dark and this darkness is more powerful than my little lamp. It puts in perspective the small light which allows me to write and read. These thoughts, although they are written in this light, are drawn to toward the night. I am aware of these thoughts as I am awake, but it feels as if I am dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment