Sunday, July 2, 2023

 

Fear,

 

Today, I spoke with someone at the gym. We had a nice conversation a while ago, in which I mentioned,  she could read about what we had talked about in my blog. I asked her, if she had read my writings and she said yes. I then asked, if she liked it? She said, she was reading it very slowly and carefully. That’s good, I said and asked, but how did you like it? She said, she actually felt kind of afraid, while reading it.

 

I told her, it is very common for people, to fear the possibility of talking with themselves and listening to themselves, as it means, we begin to express, listen to and act upon, our own language. Moreover, once we discover and explore Embodied Language (EL), we take charge of our lives, because we realize, that Disembodied Language (DL) or, you could say, the language of others, always worked against us.

 

Each human being experiences the inescapable fear of going their own way, as this implies: going against their own conditioning. DL is omnipresent, because fear is at the core of every conversation, in which one person tries to convince someone else of their beliefs. In EL, there is absolutely no need to convert anyone, as we can experience it, regardless of the disapproval of everyone, because, unbelievable as it sounds, everyone really engages in DL, every day.

 

It is scary, but also exciting, to admit, that during EL, you are doing something, which almost no one else is doing. As you take your first steps in EL, you know, for sure, everyone is incapable of having EL, as long as they don’t bring their attention to their language, by listening to themselves while they speak. Surely, in principle, everyone who can speak and hear, can hear themselves speak, but, our DL perpetuates our fear of being here and acknowledging what we feel.  

 

While it is true, that we all experience moments of wellbeing, peace, safety or truth, we fear continuing with the language, which is indispensable for having  more than merely an occasional, accidental episode. Due to our fear of really going our own way, we have no idea, it is because of how we deal with our language, that we keep doing many things against our will. EL shows, we are much better off without our rampant repertoire of neurotic behaviors.

 

On Fourth of July it is Independence Day, which is the anniversary of the publication of the Declaration of Independence of the United States from Great Britain in 1776. This historic document was drafted by Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams. However, it is going to be our own ability, to overcome our fear and speak and write – like I do, on this blog – about our EL, which will determine if we are going to be independent and free. Of course, the only real freedom, is freedom from our history of conditioning with DL. Freedom is only available for those, who will go against their own fear of it.  

 

When I immigrated to the United States in 1999, I did so, willingly, voluntarily and consciously. It is pure coincidence, that I was born and raised in the Netherlands, but it was my choice, to become a US citizen. I feel fortunate and grateful, I was able to make this decision. I have aligned myself with the Three Inalienable Rights of every American: Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness. Although I am well-aware, such a phrase is only paid lip-service to by most people, but for me, the right to Life, means to take full ownership of my own life and to be truly an individual. My Life depends on my behavior, not on the requirements of bureaucracy or the actions of legislators or jurists. My understanding of Liberty is not some self-centered, superficial, superstitious, angry notion of doing whatever the hell I want to, but my ability, intelligence and freedom to express my Language Enlightenment (LE) with my EL. Also, my Pursuit of Happiness, is my knowledge and skill to live a meaningful life. To be able to live a life of satisfaction, I have always faced and I will continue to face my own fears. My life is worth living, as I am proud of all the consequences of my behavior.

 

When I came to the US, I wrote this poem:

 

Now that I’m here

I know that for year after year

I’ve been avoiding my fear

 

Now that I see

What is inside of me

I let it come out and be free

 

Now that I know

My struggle was just a big show

I finally let it all go

 

Now that I feel

It is not a very big deal

I calmly step out of the wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment