Saturday, March 11, 2017

January 5, 2016



January 5, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer


Dear Reader,

Different people set the stage for a different kind of interaction. You have unknowingly been involved in situations in which you regretted the increase of NVB or enjoyed the increase of SVB. I stimulate you to be knowingly involved in your vocal verbal behavior. I can do that because my voice sounds different from someone who doesn’t listen to him or herself while he or she speaks. I am not saying I am always listening to myself, I can’t, but I have more of a history with listening to myself than you do. I found that SVB can be prolonged by listening to myself. 

Listening to myself while I speak was a major discovery, because, until that moment, I frantically wanted others to listen to me. By calmly listening to myself while I speak I discovered that others prevented me from listening to myself. Others seldom allowed me to listen to myself. It was confusing at first, but I figured out that even those who stimulated me to express myself stopped me from listening to myself. 

I discovered that even those who wanted to listen to me were not listening to themselves, and, therefore, they couldn’t and didn’t stimulate me to listen to myself. I was often reinforced for saying what I felt and thought, for things which others were afraid to express. I have said many things which got me rejected. Although I was deeply troubled by this, it didn’t stop me from expressing myself. My interest went from acting, to poetry, meditation, singing, music, philosophy, psychology and talking and then to radical behaviorism.  Only the sound of someone who is listening to him or herself while he or she speaks stimulates you to discriminate the difference between SVB and NVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment