Thursday, May 25, 2017

August 27, 2016



August 27, 2016 

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

This writing occurs under conditions which didn’t exist before.  I have been incredibly busy during the first two weeks of this fall semester. As a therapist, I see approximately twenty eight clients a week and as an instructor, I teach three classes with each thirty eight students. 

Everything is going very well and we just bought a new Toyota Corolla. Today I am catching up with myself as I haven’t had time to write. I was beginning to feel like I was missing something, but now that I am writing, I am happy to report on my success, my wealth and my joy. 

My wife Bonnie is proud of me. We have a lot to talk about these days as she is a case worker at the welfare-to-work program. She also deals with clients who struggle with mental health issues. She refers clients to people like me; many of her clients need to get some extra education or therapy before they are ready to join the work force again.

I am a therapist as an educator. The clinical work I have been doing this summer has changed me as an instructor. I feel enriched by it as it allows me to make a stronger connection with my students. In both jobs I establish some routine and this gives me a sense of comfort, confidence, continuity and stability, which I didn’t experience before. 

By documenting this, I feel grateful about what I have accomplished. My success inspires my students and my clients. We talk about serious issues, but we have a lot of fun. I love each of my clients and students and they love me back. My skills are optimally used as I create as sense of community and belonging. I am at my best when I am busy like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment