Saturday, June 17, 2023

 

Tedious,

 

I especially like to describe my Embodied Language (EL) as a form of tedious humor. Everybody is trying to make it seem, as if what they are talking about is the most important thing, but what I am talking about, is really the most important thing. It really is, because nobody is talking about it, except me.

 

If you find this funny, it is probably for the wrong reason. You find it ridiculous, that what I find most important, isn’t talked about by anyone, so, how can it be important? It is funny, for the right reason, if you recognize, that I’m having fun, while you are not. I know, you don’t like to admit that, but it is true and your inability to acknowledge this, makes you incapable of laughing for the right reason.

 

Usually, it is assumed by stand-up comedians, that the audience, in principle, is capable of laughing and wants to laugh and they just have to say or do something, to help them, by making them laugh. I don’t believe in this nonsense at all. In my opinion, the audience – you – can’t laugh and that’s why you always demand to laugh for the wrong reasons. You want the illusion of fun and dumb asses, who give it to you, enable your false humor, by exploiting your nasty willingness, to laugh for the wrong reason.

 

I don’t believe in the illusion of having fun, but in having real fun, in laughing for the right reasons. What isn’t talked about is the new, as we simply don’t know how to do it. Talking about the new, without saying anything new, doesn’t make any sense, so we never even address it. Talking about the new only makes sense, if we can address the fact, that we just keep, unconsciously, repeating the same, old, boring bullshit, over and over again.

 

What I say may be considered as tedious, but it is important, as it matters very much to me and the fact that others/you don’t find that important, is because they/you don’t care about what matters to them/you. They/you believe, they/you really care about what matters to them/you, but their/your language only creates the illusion as if they/you do. Their/your DL doesn’t allow them/you to hear themselves/yourself and so, when it comes to what matters to them/you, they/you, unknowingly, merely repeat what others have told them/you, but not what they/you have told themselves/yourself.

 

When you for the first time engage in EL, you are stunned to find out, you, predominantly, only do things you don’t really want to do. The only way to start doing what you want to do, is to stop doing what you don’t want to do. Unless you stop doing what you don’t want to do, you are never going to be able to figure out what you want. Thus, this stopping of what we don’t want, happens without having any real knowledge about what we want. It may actually come as a total surprise to us, what we really want, once we are able to have ongoing EL.

 

I never could have imagined, I would leave behind so many people, in order to be able to have fun and to continue with my EL. Although it was difficult for me, it was necessary. I doubted so many times, if it was the right thing to do – to leave all my family and my so-called friends – but it was and it is. I had to do it and I’m happy and relieved, I no longer doubt it.

 

The common belief, that talking with others is more important than talking with ourselves, is a universal self-defeating prophesy. My EL taught me, however, through many trials and errors, that talking with myself is more important than talking with others. As you may be able to understand, after reading what I have written about my sense of humor, it is, of course, true, I’m having more fun, talking with myself, than dealing with your energy-draining DL.  

 

Even if I would somehow decide, to give a brilliantly funny monologue – I have no inclination, desire or  motivation to do this – I would still experience the cruel negativity of the mute, dumb, judgmental, disinterested, distractable attitude of the crowd, I have felt during the many years that I was teaching psychology at Butte College. Imagine, I would have said anything, which made me laugh? It would have offended everyone, students and faculty, because what I say goes against what everyone believes.

 

I still feel so relieved, not to teach anyone anything anymore, also not EL. If you want EL, you either laugh with me or you will have to continue with your debilitating DL without me. It has never even occurred to you, you are incapable of laughing, because of how you deal with your language. I don’t see it as my problem. I find it funny, you make such a big deal about so many things, yet fun doesn’t even appear at the bottom of your shopping list.

 

To me, having fun is the most important thing. You should laugh about that, because I fully admit, I am not a very funny person. You could say, I’m funny in my own way and so could you. You too, could have fun with your language, if you became more playful and relaxed about what you say, because you’ve listened to yourself and felt, that how you say what you say, hits your funny bone. The, in EL, obvious fact, that you can’t laugh about your own heavy words, is great material, it just needs some work.       

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment