Monday, February 20, 2023

 

Done,  

 

Let’s face it, although you haven’t even started, you’re done laughing already. Don’t pretend, as if someone else was funny, because you are fooling yourself. There’s nothing to laugh about and that’s the bottom-line. To be clear, the bottom-line, is the line at the very bottom, you can’t get any lower. A former colleague once jokingly said to me: man, I’m feeling so down, if I look up, I can see the bottom.

 

It’s depressing, but also funny, that you can’t laugh. There’s absolutely nothing to laugh about anyone’s depression. Yes, you are totally depressing and, yes, you’re right, I don’t care about your depression, as you want me and others to be depressed with you, but what good is that going to do to anyone? I’m not doing that. I stay away from you, because you even prevented me from laughing about myself.

 

I know the art of laughing on my own behalf, but I  had almost forgotten this profound ability, because of you. I starting feeling down, because you are letting me down. I don’t take any responsibility for your inability to laugh. I’m not like you, I’m not a quitter. It is obvious, why there’s nothing to laugh about for you. Unlike you, I keep talking aloud with myself, until I have found something to laugh about.

 

You must have heard the example, that when you start counting red cars, you suddenly realize how many red cars there are, as they seem to appear everywhere. Well, guess what? When you look for things to laugh about, you’ll find everything funny. I’m not exaggerating, it’s really true. Presumably, you don’t have a funny bone in your body, but I just don’t believe that. What works for me, can work for you too and you can still acquire a sense of humor.

 

Depressed people need humor-treatment, but this is not provided by me or by some therapist, but by themselves. No need to laugh about my jokes, I can do that myself. You must begin to laugh about your dreadfulness. Look deeper. Haven’t you had enough of it yet? The joke is on you, if you admit how rotten it really feels, to be as miserable as you, all the time.

 

Suicide is, of course, also not a laughing matter, but aren’t you having some laughter-ideation, because,  somewhere, not deep down, but just underneath the surface of your superficiality, you just want to get it over with? You’ve got to get under your own skin, to be able to feel better within your own skin.

 

I fully support and highly recommend the honorable hara-kiri of laughing about yourself. Stop killing the joke. Stop playing dead and become a funny person. How about that? Doesn’t that already sound much better? And, you haven’t even done anything yet. Also, you need to stop feeling sorry for depressed people like yourself. Let them have it. Escape, like me and laugh with relief, that you have left them.  

With laughter it is a matter of us-versus-them, but in a good way. You either belong to the group that laughs or to the depressing party-poopers. The choice is yours, I didn’t make it that way. I didn’t prevent you from laughing, but members of your team drag each other down. Although I didn’t  and couldn’t make you laugh, it’s no use blaming me, as you didn’t and couldn’t make yourself laugh either. Why do you expect me or some comedian, to do what you refuse to do yourself? What good does it do, to laugh about others, but not about yourself?  

 

I guess, you never got that joke, that the joke is  always on you. Let me try to explain it for you.  the bottom-line is the punch-line. You’ve got to hit rock bottom and your depression is your motivation for laughter. People with depression are often said to not be motivated. They are believed to be helpless, hopeless and inactive, but nobody ever talks about the hidden motivation, to laugh about that misery.

 

Don’t say that you don’t want to laugh, because you want to and you should want to laugh, how else will you get out of your funk? Haven’t you had enough of it yet? Don’t judge me for not being interested in you. I create my own happiness, with the funny way I use my language, by talking aloud with myself.  

 

You don’t need to talk with me, a therapist or some psychologist, but with yourself. It is so sad, and, yes, it is so terrible, to be you and to acknowledge, that you keep preventing yourself from laughing, but the up-side of it is, that that is the only reason, you feel so lost, listless, lonely, lazy and low. Go ahead, have some more, because I’m not going to prevent you from not laughing. That’s a double-negative, may be you would like to try a triple-negative? Bring it on.  Are you going to prevent yourself from not laughing or are you going to continue to live in this caved-in manner? It is now or never. What is it going to be? Are you finally becoming so bored with your own depression, that it is starting to become funny?   

No comments:

Post a Comment