Friday, August 11, 2023

 

Great,  

 

It feels great, to engage in Embodied Language (EL) and to have nothing to say, as I acknowledge, I don’t   want to say, what I have already said, as that would be another episode of Disembodied Language (DL). Therefore, my energy is regulated by how I deal with my language. I have as much energy as I do, because I stay away from DL. Most of my behavior is about staying away from DL. My involvement in EL, is only a small portion of the totality of my behavior.   

 

I am able to happily continue with my EL, because I recognize and, thus, actively avoid DL. Moreover, my  active avoidance behavior is, proportionally, most of what I do. If I put a number on it, I would score my active avoidance behavior somewhere around 85%. My approach behavior is only 10% and my escape behavior is only 5%. In other words, I only approach what is beneficial to me. My need to escape, is kept at a minimum, as I am very good at avoiding danger.

 

The proportion (85:10:5), is an important number, which illustrates, how I function in my life. I don’t engage in and effortlessly avoid energy-draining DL, because I have experienced and fully admitted, it doesn’t do me any good. I basically don’t approach anything that is harmful to me and only come closer to people or circumstances, that support who I am.

 

It feels great, most of my attention, can naturally go to avoiding anything threatening. This is possible, as I verbally pay attention, to everything that asks my attention. I don’t believe there can be any language inside of me and having a mind or thoughts is of no concern to me, but whatever catches my attention, is verbally expressed by me, when I talk with myself.

 

It feels great, to take time, to say out loud to myself, whatever I can’t say to others, so that I can hear and feel exactly what it is. Most of what I am able to say and would like to say, would get me trouble, if I said it. I know what that is like and rather speak out loud with myself, as that protects and prevents me from saying and approaching dangerous situations, from which I would later have to escape. I have paid the price for carelessly saying, whatever I wanted to say, and I feel great peace, now that this compulsion has been redirected, because talking with myself really  became more important than talking with others.

 

Talking with myself is my active avoidance behavior, which is needed to be able to continue with my EL. I want to continue with my EL, because it feels great. EL is safe and it always has beneficial consequences. I can’t begin to sum up the many positive outcomes, I experience every day, which have made me aware about my priority: Language Enlightenment (LE) is the theme of my life and I express it with my EL.

 

I have a gong, which makes a wonderful resonant sound when I strike it. The sound is gone, if I place three pins on it. The gong sounds muffled with the pins on it, but when I take off these three pins, the gong’s original sound returns. This gong has told me  about my voice, which changes, due to three habits. I lose my authentic sound, if I don’t listen to myself while I speak. I wondered what made me forget, to listen to myself and came up with three reasons.

 

I engage in DL, every time I don’t listen to myself and when listening to others or others listening to me, is more important than me listening to myself. I don’t listen to myself while I speak, every time I get carried away by what I say. So, firstly, verbal fixation makes me forget my sound and my experience of how I say what I say. Secondly, there is always some kind of struggle for attention in DL. Today, on the radio, someone said: attention is currency. However, the attention I get in DL, is not the kind of attention I want. Such attention feeds negative behavior. This struggle is often said to be inward and outward, but this division between the so-called internal and the external environment – which are, of course, merely verbal constructs – is created and maintained by our DL. In EL, this tormenting division doesn’t occur. In EL, we experience a great sense of oneness, which dissolves our common, verbal inner-outer fantasy. I used to call the third pin, outward orientation, but it needs some more elaboration. I would call the third pin today: concept-confusion. Just because we talk about having a mind, doesn’t mean that it exists.

 

To reiterate, there are three reasons, why I didn’t listen to the sound of my own voice, while I speak: 1) I verbally fixate, 2) I struggle and 3) I am on guard because I am fearful and, thus, I am drawn outward. This so-called being distracted by our imaginary external environment, this being unconscious about our own verbal formulation of our inner selves and also, our great fear of not being heard, is caused by  DL, in which we fight and argue, to get each other’s attention, but don’t give any attention to ourselves.

 

If we admit the, as of yet, unacknowledged fact about DL – our usual way of talking – that speakers always demand the listener’s attention, we realize how immature and childish our usual way of dealing with our language is, in which speakers always try to dominate, exploit and manipulate the listener. I love my own, but also your EL, in which we can listen to ourselves and celebrate our LE together. Indeed, EL is like having a great party in honor of who we are.       

No comments:

Post a Comment