Saturday, June 10, 2017

September 17, 2016



September 17, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

I am trying to imagine that this is the first thing you ever read about my work. I am a psychology instructor and a therapist. I teach three classes in Principles of Psychology at Butte College, Oroville and, at this point, I see 28 mental health clients a week. Each of my classes is at full capacity, which means 38 students are enrolled. I am booked up and my life is busier than ever before. I am proud of being busy as I know that I am making a difference in the lives of many. 

I teach from a book on the many issues which are related to the field of psychology, such as: emotion, motivation, sensation, perception, stress, mental disorders, psycho-analysis, behaviorism, just to name a few. My students learn about these matters, write papers and take quizzes and exams. They also learn about the distinction between Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) and Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). 

Everything I teach is taught against the background of the SVB/NVB distinction. We re-visit it again and again as it is of utmost importance. My students like the way I teach and tell me how much they learn, before, in, and, after class, in their papers and in their evaluations.  Likewise, I treat my mental health clients with the skills and knowledge I have acquired after years of studying and teaching psychology study.

Teaching and therapy are my passion. I am able to help my clients with their problems and each one of them is slowly improving and recovering. How am I able to do that? The facts speak for themselves. They are treated not only by my knowledge of psychology and behaviorism, they are stimulated to pay attention to the SVB/NVB distinction. I point out to them how the listener is affected by the sound of the speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment