Wednesday, April 26, 2023

 

Cancelled,

 

I can’t be cancelled, as I don’t compete for anyone’s attention. Although I write everyday on my blog, it is not my aim, to reach you and if I do, I am not going to give you, my attention. I pay attention to myself and you should do the same. I don’t care about your opinion. Of course, you can have your opinion, but I am not interested in it. I don’t cancel you, because I stay with myself. I am into Embodied Language (EL) and, as far as I am concerned, your Disembodied Language (DL) is a waste of time. You should know that, because, no matter how famous or important you are, you are wasting your energy on something, which will never satisfy you or anyone else. You can trust what I say. It is reasonable, I ask you to do this.

 

I know, you are all over the map with your DL and it sounds so noisy, agitated, frustrated and dumb. You really believe, you are saying what others would like to say, but this so-called talking on behalf of others, is bullshit. I am not writing this on your behalf, but because I want to. You are going to continue with your DL, but I will continue with my EL. There is a reason, I can afford to do that, but you can’t: I am enlightened and you aren’t. Yes, you don’t want to talk with me, as my Language Enlightenment (LE)  would illustrate, you are basically just messing around with words. Stirring the pot, is all you are capable of with your stupid DL.

 

Speaking truth to power – and it absolutely doesn’t matter, whether you are Amy Goodman, Joy Behar, Joe Biden, Joy Reid, Tucker Carlson, Elon Musk, Oprah Winfrey, Victor Davis Hanson or the Dalai Lama – is always more of the same DL. The fact, that you don’t know that, is your problem, not mine. If you would read my words out loud and listen to the sound of your voice, you would know – at least a little bit – what I know, as listening to yourself, is the only way to know the difference between DL and EL.

 

Cancel culture is an approach that is presented, as if it is new and innovative, but ultimately it is old wine in new bottles. This whole idea of putting new wine in old wineskins has, for a long time, been regarded as foolishly wasteful, because the old dried-out wineskin would simply crack and drain out all of the new wine. However, those who are deemed to have acted or spoken in an unacceptable manner, are still ostracized, boycotted or shunned. This describes the workings of DL, which is the real reason why social change can never happen. DL, that is, our usual way of dealing with language, always has a chilling effect on everyone, because it always involves intolerance. DL is perpetuated by the laughable notion that the prevention of speech is itself a form of free speech, which promotes accountability and gives a voice to the supposedly disenfranchised people. However, nobody can be the voice for someone else. Yet, this superstition is as pervasive as DL in every culture.  

 

Call-out culture or cancel-culture describes the very essence of DL, in which people, quite literally, make  sure their voices are heard. Speaking out, speaking up and being outraged, especially against powerful people, who dominate the so-called conversation – which, of course, is not a conversation at all – is the  reason you haven’t done anything about addressing, let alone, solving your conflicts and problems. What we are seeing and hearing, every day on TV and on our social media, is the inevitable escalation of DL. All vigilante justice, stalking, shaming, intimidation, hostile debate and harassment is DL 101, but you don’t notice, that an entirely different way of talking is possible, which will enlighten instead of cancel.    

No comments:

Post a Comment