Saturday, April 22, 2023

 

Meaning,

 

Everything has meaning, every experience, whether good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant. What it means is what you tell yourself about it. You give meaning to your experience with your language. If something seems meaningless or useless, then that is all the more reason to pay some extra attention to it.

 

Of course you can also rely on the religious, political, commercial, philosophical, psychological or cultural explanations for how entire populations have continued to behave for centuries. You can fool yourself, with both your own explanation and the explanation of others. Chances are, however, that you have been fooled by the explanation of others, which is so ingrained that you have come to regard it as your own explanation. Whether that so-called explanation was given to you by others or by yourself does not really matter much, because the two always – yes always – go together.

 

You miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime if you don't engage in Embodied Language (EL) and follow your own path. Your life has only the meaning you give it, and if you continue to be in trouble, it is because you can no longer sustain the lies of your verbal delusion. When you have finally, bravely and responsibly assigned the correct meaning to what you are experiencing - whether it was a positive or negative experience - then each experience will be a transformation of your previous history, in which similar experiences were misinterpreted.

 

Giving your own meaning or translation to 
your life makes you happy or unhappy. It 
also has to do with asking the right question,
 to yourself. Usually most people remain 
busy with questions that they have never 
had themselves, but which, due to upbringing 
and culture, have come to determine their 
lives. Also the answer to questions about
 moral life issues was never produced by
 themselves and if inevitable doubt arose, 
about the belief determined by their 
conditioning, their own answer was 
always – yes always – overruled again,
 by the pre-existing belief . In short, 
because we are used to Disembodied 
Language (DL), we have never even 
bothered with our own questions and
 our own answers.

 

In EL, it turns out, to our great surprise, we have very few questions, because our own answer is the correct answer. In fact, the insignificance of the many questions we were burdened with is such that the whole issue, which those questions were about, disappears, as no answer is even needed for that ridiculous question. This is the case, for example, with questions about our so-called mind, which doesn’t appear to exist from our reasoning with EL.

 

The realization of what is valuable or important to us, comes from giving verbal attention to anything that demands our attention. We can describe and listen to the shift of our attention, in such a way – in our own way, with our own words – that what we say and hear coincides with what we experience and that speaker and listener is experienced as one.

 

Honesty, authenticity, liveliness, awareness, intelligence, wisdom, love, creativity are nice words, but they don't describe what actually happens when we give meaning to all our experiences. Because in EL, we listen while we speak, we articulate and find our own unique meaning. Probably, what you will do with EL is something completely different from what I do and have done so far. This is because EL puts all other experiences in a different light. In my case, many of my previous experiences have become unimportant, as I became mainly concerned with speaking, listening, writing and reading.

 

I realize – because everyone is busy with DL and I  continue with EL anyway – I no longer make any more effort, with talking, to bring EL to anyone’s  attention. As a result, the emphasis of my EL has come to lie on writing to myself and speaking to myself. In other words, because I speak, I can listen and go along with what matters to me, and because I write, I can read and therefore act on what is always – yes always – good for me. So, I am never concerned with just listening or just reading, because that, without speaking and without writing, is meaningless as far as I am concerned. Nor do I feel the need to hear or read anything about DL. For me, DL is a done deal.

 

The appropriation of language is a good 
description of EL,  I only recently started 
using. Repeatedly dealing with the same 
subject and describing and considering
 everything connected with it from all sides, 
calmly and comprehensively, is something
 that not only gives me great joy, but also
 bears many fruits. The consequences of 
my EL are truly phenomenal. This is 
vastly different from DL, from which 
we inadvertently, endlessly engage in 
all sorts of distracting behaviors, that 
don't suit us and therefore undermine and impair us.

 

Today, I only listen to myself and my actions come from what I have described. That's how I live and that's how I want to live. The remarkable thing is that I can live like this and that I can afford all this. Most people are not themselves and have no idea what it means to be yourself. I know someone who earns a lot of money as a lawyer and who owns a lot, but who complains bitterly, because he never does what he really wants, because he doesn’t know what he really wants.  

 

I've spent a long time trying to figure out who I really am and what I really want, because I was confused about that from how I grew up. My always – yes always – pre-existing ability to have EL and therefore to talk to myself was always overpowered by the busy hustle and bustle of the family, in which everyone was involved in a battle for attention. Talking to and listening to others - which is the essence of DL - was so overwhelming that, many years later, I am still amazed at how, despite that, I have become one with my EL because I began to write about my Language Enlightenment (LE).

   

No comments:

Post a Comment