Tuesday, May 14, 2024

 Sounding Horrible,

 

Although we don’t listen to it, and, although we remain unconscious about it, if we would take the time to listen to it, we would know, that we don’t really want to listen to our Disembodied Language (DL), because we just sound horrible.

 

Our usual way of talking – DL – which is going on everywhere, twenty-four-seven, just sounds terrible and, yet, we never acknowledge, that the reason, we don’t listen to each other and get along with each other, is because we don’t listen to ourselves while we speak. Surely, we also don’t get along with ourselves and this is why we imagine, we have troubling thoughts.

 

Nobody wants to talk about and come clean about the difference between Embodied Language (EL) and DL, the alienating, phony, superficial language they engage in every day, because it is embarrassing to admit, that we compulsively do something against our will, without realizing it. Once we own up to our DL, we can’t help, but recognize, that our common use of language is against our freedom.

 

People are screaming, forcing, arguing, fighting, bluffing, hiding, fleeing, freezing and distracting and all this goes on, as our, supposedly, normal way of talking. However, our ubiquitous DL is distorted, sickening, offensive and unintelligent, once we engage in EL. When we have ongoing EL, we know are better, than who we have been with our disastrous DL. Moreover, once we have had ongoing EL, there is no way back to DL, as there is no excuse for this repetitive stupidity.

 

DL is totally uninteresting. DL is boring, tedious, punishing and draining. To stop your own DL, is to do yourself the biggest favor, but to continue with it, is to torture yourself. In the name of our usual, expected, disconnecting way of talking millions of people, unknowingly, ruin their own lives and the lives of others. They justify the shit they pull of with their DL, with politics, religion, ethnicity or other herd-behavior. They condemn anyone who stands up as an individual, because they don’t know and fear the language of the individual.  

 

I have always felt and known, when it comes to an actual confrontation, people refuse to have the conversation, in which it becomes clear what is DL and what is EL. The numerous times I have tried to point this out, people always dismissed me, as they wanted to escape from admitting, that they are the ones who are dominating me. I’m unafraid to argue with anyone, but I refuse to be punished again because I am right, and I don’t buy into any crap they pull on me with their disgusting DL.

 

The reason I withdrew from my PhD psychology study at Palo Alto University – at the very end, while I was writing my dissertation and accruing my clinical hours – was because nobody there had the sincerity to admit, that they wanted to punish me for exposing and opposing their DL, which they justify with their arrogant authoritarian academic bullshit. I had wanted to write my dissertation about the DL/EL distinction, but I was forced by the director himself – who told me in forceful terms, after first inviting me and my wife at his house, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, for dinner – I had to follow the uninspiring research of my dull supervisor, although, upon enrolling in this expensive institution, I had been promised,  that I could determine my own research topic. They still owe it to me, to give my money back!  

 

I am talking about my lived experience and the sixty-five years I have been alive, I have yet to get any official credit for both the discovery as well as the formulation and conceptualization of what can become a new foundation for the field of psychology, which has not delivered. If psychologist were compared to engineers, who build bridges, they built flimsy bridges, which collapse, because they cannot hold the traffic of human interaction. The DL/EL distinction is at the very core what is mistakenly called mental or behavioral health. All behavior is regulated by our language, which means, either by our DL or by our EL. Our DL goes hand in hand with an involuntary behavioral repertoire, which is a sure recipe for the unhappy, conflicted, chaotic, meaningless lives we are living. Only ongoing EL can make us live a healthy, productive, truthful, satisfying, conscious, intelligent way of life.  

 

You just can’t believe what I say is true, but it is true, that when you finally speak out loud with yourself, tell yourself what is going on with you in your life and listen to the sound of your own voice, you will not like what you hear, because you engage in DL. You can only get to your EL, after you have fully admitted, to yourself, again and again, you don’t like the sound of your DL.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment