Wednesday, April 26, 2017

June 12, 2016



June 12, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

Although it may appear as if I write the same thing, this is not the case. It may seem like that as you don’t notice the constant refinements I make. Once you notice my creative modifications, you know there is no end to refining Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) and that writing about it can be an important part of learning.

Every time a speaker refers to another speaker to back up or prove what he or she is saying, it increases the speaker’s Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB) response rate. By contrast, the SVB speaker doesn’t need anyone’s approval and always speaks on his or her own authority. 

This writing promotes ongoing SVB. Nobody’s permission is needed. We don’t know what SVB is like because there was never a circumstance in which it was deliberately and skillfully continued. I now know what it takes to create that circumstance. Even though there was nobody to continue it with, I have continued SVB on my own. 

Had I not known how to continue with SVB on my own, I would have, like everyone else, given up on it. Nobody insists on SVB like I do since they don’t know how to. Once you know what I know you will also insist on it. 

It will not your choice to have SVB, but your ability, you skill, which makes it possible. If you don’t speak Chinese, you will not miraculously get in the position where all of a sudden you are capable of speaking it. 

You can only learn Chinese by bringing yourself in the circumstances in which it can be learned. The same is true for SVB. You cannot and will not learn it as long as you remain affected by contingencies which stimulate NVB. You need another contingency for SVB and this contingency must remain in place. Only in the very beginning does it help to switch between SVB and NVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment