Thursday, April 20, 2017

May 22, 2016



May 22, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

In the past, I used to keep my Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) going by talking about it. I refused to write about it as I didn’t believe that writing about it would make any sense. If, as was so often the case, there was nobody to talk with, I would just talk with myself. I would carry a small tape recorder and record myself as I walked alone somewhere in nature. 

I still have these audio tapes on which I explain what SVB is and convince myself that it really is something important even though there was hardly anybody who wanted to know about it. I hated having to promote myself and having to compete with others who gave seminars. I used to listen to my own tapes and enjoy them, but nowadays I don’t do that anymore as I write about SVB. 

Now I keep my SVB going by writing about it. It is more satisfying for me this way and it is less complicated. I post these writings on my blog where people can read it and respond to it. So far, only one person has written a response to me and that was because I asked him. I am not concerned about it and I hope that eventually more people will respond. 

I write, not for the reader, but for my own clarification. Similarly, in SVB, the speaker speaks, but he or she is not trying to tell the audience what the audience wants to or expects to hear, but he or she is saying what he or she is capable of saying. I think that you can say much more than you are currently saying. 

Once you have SVB, you will know I am not making any wild claims, but I am telling you the truth which was nowhere to be found because of involvement in Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). You must find ways to stop your involvement in NVB before you can have SVB. Your involvement in NVB continued as it was never your goal to stop it. You will have SVB by recognizing your NVB. 

There is nothing magic about this process, which is like riding a bicycle. Either you know how to ride it or you don’t. As long as you lose your balance you will fall.  You will only be able to enjoy riding your bicycle when you don’t fall down. Likewise, SVB will only be able to continue if you have no more involvement in NVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment