Sunday, April 16, 2017

May 2, 2016



May 2, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

I guarantee that when we meet you will be changed by what I say. This claim is based on everyone I meet. Those who meet me, but don’t change, actively resist me. I don’t like their resistance and as far as I am concerned we have never really met. I immediately forget their names and I can only remember names of folks with whom I connect. In all fairness, I admit that I am not changed by anybody either. People affect me, but if that affect is negative, I don’t care about them and try to avoid them. I am only drawn to those who are positive to me. There are plenty of people like that and I am not waiting for someone to accept me or acknowledge me. I am already accepted and I am already acknowledged. All I am interested in is in sharing my findings.  

These writings can only go so far. Even if you read it and agree with it, this is not the same as talking with me. I want you to know that, because I want us to have something entirely different from what we have been used to. I know what I am talking about and that is why I write like this. For me there is no difference between what I believe and what I say. The saying ‘actions speak louder than words’ is outdated and flawed. First of all, why should they have to speak louder? Is it because when we speak louder we can hear each other better? Absolutely not! When we speak louder, we are totally on the wrong track. Besides, actions are nonverbal. The saying is not about louder talking, but about louder sounding. Each time we tried to sound louder than others, we have engaged in Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB). If we are going to meet, we are going to have Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB), which is a calmer, more pleasant way of communicating. We are not used to SVB because we have been conditioned by NVB. We don’t expect SVB, we expect NVB, because we have been having a lot of NVB and only very little SVB. We are not used to the kind of interaction in which we sound good and feel good, in which we continue to sound good and feel good. We only had a few moments of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment