Tuesday, April 25, 2017

June 9, 2016



June 9, 2016

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Engineer

Dear Reader,

I had a busy, but successful day during which I saw seven different clients. This writing, however, is not about them, but about how I feel after I have treated them. The fact that they all responded so well to me makes me very happy as what I do seems to be working.

I don’t feel like getting into detail about what was said, but I like to sit back now and relax into this feeling of satisfaction that comes after a productive day. I think that many people could not have imagined that I would be feeling so confident about dealing with people who have such serious mental health problems.

I am not surprised. Everything I do is a continuation of what I have done before, but it is also a better version of it. I am on top of my game and I think that my work has greatly matured. My verbal interventions were leading to powerful results in each of my clients.

It is a thrill to be seeing and hearing these positive effects in people who so direly need it, who feel so relieved and grateful about having a positive learning experience with me. Although I could say all kinds of things about that, what interests me at this moment is that I am fulfilled, satisfied and feeling peaceful. 

I just rode my bicycle in the evening breeze and I was listening to reggae-music. It is so pleasant to let the listener-part of me speak during this writing. I wait for something to write and I feel good about my ability to wait. I am not the least concerned with the outcome of my patience, as being patient is already rewarding. 

I have come to that point where I can somehow allow myself to go as slow as I want to and I sometimes like to go really slow. Only when the speaker in me slows down, the listener in me is invited to have his say. The listener in me speaks in a different way than the speaker in me. He only speaks when he the speaker in me is quiet and listening. I am also discovering together with my clients. I learn it by pointing it out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment