Monday, January 29, 2024

 I came upon a writing from some years ago, which I never posted on this blog.   

Being A Man,

 

Are you ready to hear me speak about what it is like for me to be a man? I don’t talk about becoming a man, but only about being a man. Also, I don’t talk about men, who feel uncomfortable about being a man, as I am a comfortable man. My manhood isn’t having anything to do with forcefulness, although it is definitely about strength or, rather, the power of my commitment to being who I am and how I perceive myself to be.

 

I am not into change and yet I am new every moment. I am the same serious person every second of the year. I am reliable and predictable, and I am able to laugh and express my unique way of life. You don’t have to believe me, admire me or fear me. I am not into convincing you, leading you, making you feel inferior, demanding your attention or frightening you. My manhood is pure and gentle, and your money doesn't mean anything to me. Most people will never sense who I am as a man, as I hardly ever speak about it.

 

It has often been a waste of time to speak about my manhood, as my view of what it is like to be a man isn’t recognized, respected or understood. In spite of all that, I am very proud and certain and while I write this, I have no dreams about changing people their opinions. My opinion matters a great deal to me and that is the only thing that really matters.

 

I don’t seek or crave anyone’s approval and I don’t cheer on or adore anyone. Men have to live their own lives. Men may disagree with me until eternity and that’s fine with me. I am impressing and guiding myself and yet I never brag. I don’t want to, as being a man isn’t about comparing myself to others. I am only busy with myself, and I consider it to be essential for men to take themselves seriously and know exactly where they stand. Since this writing is about men, not women, I say: men need to know themselves!

 

I stand alone, go alone and can only be a friend to him, who can be alone. Being alone is my nature. I don’t care about social adjustment. I don’t tolerate anyone’s demands and everyone always finds out about that soon and leaves me alone. I like to be alone and happily speak my own truth, elaborately, even if I am the only one listening to what I am saying or the only one reading what I have written.

 

My language is simple and clear. Anyone can talk like me and be with me and understand what I say. My clarity makes other people, men and women, get clear about themselves. However, I am not busy with anyone’s doubts and uncertainties. I stay away from competition; I don’t compare myself to anyone and am nobody’s role-model. I don’t believe in such nonsense. I am well aware, there has never been a man like me, but I am truly convinced there will be many like me, as I herald the future of all mankind. I know, you believe I am a fool, but I have something, you have yet to acquire. 

 

I succeed in every task which I have set myself. My results are visible, audible, meaningful and tangible. I am satisfied with my accomplishments. Nothing of what I possess was given to me. I have worked for it and I have acquired it. I have what I have, because I deserve it. My honor is my truth. I always knew, I would have what I have today, and I don’t want anything more. I have exactly what I need, and I don’t want anything else than what I already have. My life goes by itself and my manhood, is to describe it as I experience it.     


No comments:

Post a Comment