Saturday, September 9, 2023

 

Willingness (I rather translate it as preparedness. This text was first written in Dutch),

 

I am very motivated to write in Dutch, even though I only speak it once a week, with my Dutch Language friend AnnaMieke. Sometimes I also speak to myself in Dutch, because it is the language I grew up in, but since I have lived in America since 1999, I naturally mainly speak English. However, it is still important for me to write and speak about my Language Enlightenment (LE) with my Embodied Language (EL), in Dutch. Somehow, I find that more pleasant than speaking and writing about it in English.

 

I always welcome everyone's willingness to have EL with me, but immediately distance myself as soon as it comes to Disembodied Language (DL) again. When I longed for others, to have that preparedness  to leave DL behind and to cherish and explore EL, I was frustrated and sad, but now that this longing has disappeared, I feel positive and full of energy.

 

If there is no readiness in others to enter into EL with themselves, there is no point in me talking about it with them. I've learned the hard way, so to speak, but it's also because I'm actually the discoverer of EL and no one has done this before. Never before has anyone opposed conditioning with DL so skillfully, so explicitly, so passionately and with such unrepentant perseverance, because only in this way EL finally gets a chance to flourish.

 

The individual, who is willing 
to take note of what EL really 
is - and therefore not what we, 
still from our conditioning with 
DL, tend to believe it to be - 
has no choice, but to recognize, 
that it is indeed the language is 
of our enlightenment. At first, 
I was shocked and disappointed,
 to discover and admit to 
myself that this eagerness 
was not particularly great, 
but I gradually discovered, 
because of the recognition 
of my LE, that in fact that 
willingness is not even there 
at all. I couldn’t believe it, 
but it did. 

 

Now that I can - without any hesitation - speak and write with my EL about my LE, it is clear to me that what I for a long time considered, as the decidedly not very great enthusiasm of others, was nothing other than my own ability, to have EL with them. It always depended on me, whether there was EL or not. My LE finally made it clear to me, with my EL, that I didn't need to carry the flag for EL.

 

For my part, all my life – even before I discovered EL – there has was an inclination to have EL. When I didn't know that, it gave me many problems, which I overcame. This has made me a special person, but being a special person is not accepted because of the ubiquitous, dumbing down of DL. During DL, only herd behavior is valued, but not individuality. My indomitable willingness has been tested by others and exploited time and time again, but despite my trauma, I have come into my LE.

 

EL requires the authenticity to be absolutely honest with yourself. This comes about, when you talk to yourself all alone and listen to the sound of your own voice. You cannot avoid doing something with your voice, to sound friendly, confident, strong, calm, intelligent, interested, objective, reliable, rational, open or fun. If you talk to yourself long enough - about all kinds of things that are important to you - you will stop this unnatural voice, because only then will you hear what you sound like when you speak with your own voice and the sound of EL.

 

So, it is not a matter of greater, lesser, rational, emotional, moral, political or amusing willingness, because you are either ready or not. When you talk to yourself and listen to yourself, whether you want to admit it or not, you inevitably discover, that you are not willing to have EL, because you have been conditioned to have DL. The only thing you can do is to admit what you do not want to admit and that you have therefore continued to have DL out of habit. Yet, admitting that, stops your DL and then you experience a moment of EL. You will know when this happens because you sound so different.

 

Your preparedness to have BT is characterized by the correct tone of your voice, which you cannot produce if you still feel threatened, confused, angry or sad. All those negative emotions have nothing to do with EL at all. People say that they want to have positive emotions, but only say this because they feel negative. They also say whether something is funny or not, but only do this when it is not funny.  In DL, there's always this lousy, half-assed stuff.

 

I find it ridiculous that speakers, after they have finished speaking, repeatedly thank the audience for their so-called willingness to listen to them. In DL, people behave as if listening to a speaker is a reward for saying what the listener wants to hear. If you talk to yourself, however, you will discover that everything can and should be listened to and that your willingness to listen, does not depend on whether you want to hear or like to hear it or not.

 

In EL everything can flow, because we have the willingness to really listen to ourselves and to experience, that what we tell ourselves is true. It is true that we - unconsciously - concern ourselves almost exclusively with DL, because, supposedly, we ourselves cannot conceive of that possibility, to talk to ourselves and to listen to ourselves. But when we go to therapy, because of so-called psychological problems, the psychologists or therapists act with their voices, as if they accept us unconditionally, because we, supposedly, cannot do that ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment