Saturday, March 12, 2016

April 4, 2014



April 4, 2014

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Behaviorist

Dear Reader, 
 
Today I will conduct another one of my seminars. This time we will focus on the pain and stress-reducing properties of Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB). We need those to remediate the effects of Noxious Verbal Behavior (NVB), which maintains our stress and pain. Special attention will be given to different kinds of pain and the extent to which these in turn cause different kinds of stress. In addition, we will talk about eustress, the optimal, positive stress that is needed to perform effectively. Also, we will explore how NVB ties in with issues of codependency, enabling and addiction, which all should be simply explained as maladaptive ways of dealing with our stress.

  
My wife and I had a beautiful hike this morning in Upper Bidwell Park. We walked along paths with lots of rocks and followed the Yahi Trail that runs along the creek. It was so peaceful and the morning was cool and pleasant. We made two stops and sat on the rocks next to the creek. We didn’t say much and just enjoyed nature and we felt so happy that we had decided to do this today. 


As we were walking, I was looking at the ridge of the Bidwell Canyon. I just love that view. Also the rocky path was so nice to look at. I was in awe by all the plants, bushes and trees that grow between the rocks. There were lots of birds singing and it was a glorious spring morning. We hardly met anyone on the path, but when we got back to our car many people had arrived. We were glad that we had left early. We love nature and the tranquility of the morning. On the way back, I heard the soft rushing sound of the creek and I thought of how this sound also represents Sound Verbal Behavior (SVB) to me. When one gets closer to the creek, one is able to hear it more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment