Tuesday, March 15, 2016

May 19, 2014



May 19, 2014

Written by Maximus Peperkamp, M.S. Verbal Behaviorist

Dear Reader, 

Today I choose to write with a new letter type to set the tone for something different. This letter type is calligraphic and its distinct shape had immediate appeal to me. As I am typing these words, I look at them as images, as pictures and this is something which I normally don’t do. The visual stimulation I experience makes me want to create something beautiful. This writing is a way of composing and organizing reality with my words. 


I have often had these impressions, but this type of letter makes me pay close attention to it. For instance, I like the way the first paragraph looks. I appreciate the length of the sentences which run all the way to the end and I am happy when words fit within the exact format of one paragraph. Also, it makes me feel very comfortable to see that this writing creates seven sentences in each paragraph. I have no idea why I do that, but I love it.


There is a particular format which somehow gets filled up all by itself. It has a meditative quality to it, a sense of pure perfection. That these typed words can have this effect is utterly fascinating. It is a blissful feeling of being in control while using my skills. It continues in its own pace and rhythm and how I peck on my key board is more graceful than usual.  I even seem to be breathing calmer and my words seem to follow my outgoing breath. 


This style is uniquely mine. It have developed it without knowing it. I am letting something speak through me which requires this order and support. These words sound like music. They remind me of a bamboo flute I used to play. I was only able to play the tune that sounded good when I was in the right mood. I never practiced to become a great flute player, but my flute was an excuse to find a quiet place where I would find peace of mind. 


Meditation is not something that one does and yet one is in action. Its movement is so delightful and restorative. One eases one’s way into it with reference and gratitude. A blissful touch of language caresses the space within. While one waits patiently, one gets filled with meaning and one’s body loses its boundaries. There is a dream which only happens when one is awake and when one speaks as one writes about this descending silence. 


Now that I can write like this and use these beautiful words to decorate my house of truth, I touch the earth and rest. Here is my home in which my life one day will end. Words slowly take me there. I prepare my death by enjoying my time with these words. They make me see what can be seen and make me hear what can be heard. I love the sight and sound of spoken and of written words. At long last, I learn to write about speaking.

What was a question is now a fact which is shared in this writing which is meant to honor you. My love, it is with you that I talk. It is to you that I write. It is to you that I listen. These are your words I read to you. I let you do the talking. I absorb every word you say. I am so happy you keep this conversation going. We are, we have been and we are going to be in this together, forever. Let’s exchange thoughts, compare notes and open our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment