Sunday, June 2, 2024

 Energy Humor,

 

There’s something about humor, nobody seems to get: it just keeps on getting better and better. However, the so-called humor, we are familiar with and keep hearing and seeing everywhere, does the exact opposite. Why are stand-up comedians getting worse over time, instead of better? Are they getting tired of standing? This decline shows, their humor wore them out. My humor doesn’t do that. To the contrary, it gives me energy. For me, humor isn’t about making others happy, but about doing myself a favor.

 

Humor – as we know it – is energy-draining, as it is, inevitably, the expression of our usual way of talking, in which we, as speakers, don’t listen to ourselves. Our attention-demanding way of speaking is so common. Nobody wants to know, what happens in the permanently fucked-up, stressful, boring, depressing life of the stand-up comedian, who, presumably, put a lot of energy into his or her art, to make other people laugh.

 

As energy humor keeps making my life better and better, it becomes more and more obvious, that all our usual, accepted, celebrated humor totally sucks. While I, more often, laugh about myself, these days, than get upset, I hear the anger, frustration and despair, in the voices of everyone, who tries to be funny. I don’t care to laugh about others, because it turns me off, they demand my attention. Comedians are thieves, who steal energy from their audience.

 

While it is true, some comedians may have something, they start out with, they always give it away. Then, next time, they need to do even better, meaning, they are setting themselves up for failure, because they are trying to be funny all the time. This is so tiring to listen to and so anxiety-provoking, because everyone knows, it can’t be done. Everyone who watches with high hopes, in great anticipation of having some fun, is part of this brutal charade of human misery. 

 

If the comedian fails in his or her performance, it is more terrible for the audience, than for the comedian. After all, the comedian shrugs it off and quickly goes on with the next joke, but the audiences can’t forget failed humor very easily and will judge a comedian harshly for failing to make them laugh. Although, presumably, they want the comedian to make them laugh, they are all waiting for the other shoe to drop. We all know that isn’t funny. Successful comedians are in eternal distress from which only a laughing audience can temporarily release them. Sooner or later, they are going to crash, then they have to go to rehab, Jezus or the therapist. After that, their come-back humor is nothing like it ever was before and they become a vague, dull copy of who they once were or seemed to be. Bill Maher, Jon Steward, Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert, Jim Carrey, Jay Leno, Robin Williams, Adam Sandler, Kathy Griffin, Pete Davidson, Eddy Murphy, Will Ferrell, Amy Schumer, Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman, Dave Chappell, Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Kimmel, Jerry Seinfeld, Margaret Cho, Louis C.K., Conan O’Brien, Nick Cannon, George Lopez, Russell Brand, John Oliver, Mother Teresa (!), and, the list goes on.  

 

The audience doesn’t even mind to hear or see the same funny act multiple times, so they can tell all their friends and colleagues, that, yeah, he or she was so very funny, but after that, the comedian might as well commit suicide, as he or she can’t get back to how he or she was and feels, as if he or she is done, because it is true, they can’t go on. Nothing could inspire them to make new jokes. Their unwillingness to admit their need for approval, makes things worse.

 

Sometimes, we hear about the tormenting hell, which is the common reality for each comedian. Those who made others laugh the most, suffer the most and over time, it is apparent to them, that if they can’t suffer some more, their humor loses its spark. They literally put all their energy into humor, but remain oblivious about their own needs. However, the less they suffer, the duller their humor becomes. Stated differently, if they manage to become just only a little bit happy – due to their short-lived success – this immediately translates into being less funny, because then, they don’t try as hard anymore.

 

My energy humor goes hand in hand with the way of talking in which, I, as a speaker, listen to myself while I speak. Such Embodied Language (EL) has its own kind of humor, which is entirely different from the so-called humor of our usual way of talking, in which we, as speakers, don’t listen to ourselves while we speak. In such Disembodied Language (DL), we try to make others laugh, but in EL, we can make ourselves laugh, as we enjoy ourselves with our language, we feel peaceful, thankful and content. And, in EL, we aren’t eager to laugh, as we laugh all the time, but in DL, we reserve a separate time for some amusement or entertainment, in which, presumably, we are going to really have fun, because the rest of the time, we experience the  heavy negativity of our mechanical behavior.

 

For the usual, attention-demanding comedians, who don’t know anything about the difference between DL and EL, it is a conundrum: that the happier they are, the less likely they try to make other people happy – by being funny – and the unhappier they are, the more likely they will do just about anything, to yank or force another laugh out of their audience. They practically beg the audience to laugh. My humor is different, as I am happy. Moreover, I am getting happier and happier, because my humor works for me. And, I don’t give a damn about  whether others like it or not, as I don’t anything to make it happen.

 

My EL itself is sufficient to make me laugh and it is all the laughter I ever want. In other words, I have no need for any laughter, like everyone who engages in DL. Since people with DL don’t have their own language, they remain busy with the language, but also, the so-called humor of others. DL always demands our attention, but my EL, doesn’t demand anyone’s attention and that’s precisely why it is so funny, because it is free. I laugh every day about my own freedom, which stands in such a stark contrast to how everyone lives. Furthermore, my ongoing EL, but also my humor, always stays with me. It is  my Language Enlightenment (LE). Yes, I have my own humor, because I stand my own ground.  

 

With DL, we are possessed by a strange energy which doesn’t belong to us and once can have EL, we realize, that we have our own energy. In EL our energy is healing, calming, soothing and enjoyable, but in DL, it is upsetting, frustrating, nerve-wracking, disturbing and confusing. We have never spoken – with ongoing EL – about the negative effects of this sick humor, which derives from forceful, unconscious, insensitive DL. Once we experience the wonderful humor of our EL, we are motivated to have EL, because it makes us laugh so much and so naturally.             

 

 

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment