Tuesday, July 4, 2023

 

 

Coming home,

 

The experience of coming home continues. The relaxation and the tranquility are getting deeper and more beautiful. These are, of course, merely just elated words or metaphorical descriptions, but they come from me. No one else writes or speaks like me, only I can, and, therefore, I do. I have Embodied Language (EL), and, therefore, I am. For all I care, Descartes may keep rolling around in his grave.

 

Why should I concern myself with the language of others, if I know instantly, it is again predictable, boring Disembodied Language (DL)? The person who can have EL with me, possesses the language, which I will continue to enjoy, talk or write about, because the rest simply no longer interests me.

 

Of course, with this writing, I let myself and others know, I have not forgotten anyone or anything. I am well-aware, we were all raised to accept DL as our , normal and expected way of communicating, but I will not let anyone prevent me from continuing on my own path, in my life, with EL. If people would take the trouble to understand me, they would discover something of utmost importance.

 

Presumably, you could say, I can speak meditatively and any listener can immediately be in meditation, because listening to me makes that possible. In my opinion, there is still a lot of confusion about what meditation actually is. In this writing, I do not want to leave any doubt that, even though it is spoken of everywhere very differently, meditation, of course, is always the result of how we handle our language.

 

What you call meditation, based on the rejection of your language, is – like the attempt to remarry after divorce – a form of self-denial. Surely, language and meditation are inextricably linked. In spite of what everyone else says, I would say, EL is the only real meditation, because language has the central place it ought to have. Any reference to meditation is superfluous, because it is totally self-evident in EL,  we are always actually talking about our Language Enlightenment (LE). This airy-fairy, languageless, illusive, mystical meditation, has such great appeal to us, because it is superficial, special and contrived.

 

Moments of meditation are precisely 
so incredibly rare, because we seem 
to have stopped – if only for a brief
 moment – to pretend that our language
 has nothing to do with it. Indeed, it 
is always about our own description
 of some blissful, all-encompassing,
 ephemeral state, which nevertheless
 is so important to us, that we keep 
wanting to talk or write about it.

 

Of course, everyone, especially when having an ecstatic, unique, spiritual experience, wants some kind of confirmation - in language - from others. Even if the intelligence-denying, but generally accepted, mindful meditation, is not about our language – because we keep ridiculously hearing, ad nauseam, quasi-meaningful, that it transcends and goes beyond words – we still need to give lectures, lessons, courses, satsangs or sessions, write books, Facebooks and blogs or make podcasts and videos.

 

The pervasive notion, that meditation should have nothing to do with language is stupid, hilarious as well as profoundly problematic. We cannot avoid or deny the great importance of our language and we should be concerned with language, in order to arrive at meditation. As I have said before, the term meditation itself is gratuitous, because only in EL, we do as we say. Consequently, we become aware of the best of what our language is capable of: our LE. In our common, daily, sloppy, stubborn, lazy, reactive DL, this is not the case.

 

Like Prayer, Nirvana, Tao, Qigong, His Holiness or any so-called Higher Power, the word Meditation also derives from DL. Simply stated, we are out of meditation, because of our mechanical, negative, rambunctious, compulsive and energy-consuming use of language, and in meditation, due to our ongoing EL, the natural expression of our LE.   

 

Since EL is ordinary, effortless and self-evident, and because we never deal – for any significant period of time, let alone, permanently – with our language in this magnificent way, we are burdened with all sorts of meaningless moral precepts and concepts and self-defeating theories, all of which, inevitably, have sprung from our punitive involvement in DL. In short, we are weighed down by our heavy, rigid language, which never expresses, who we really are.

 

We talk about awareness, knowledge,
acceptance, objectivity, respect, 
insight or patience, but this is just 
talking without walking, that is, 
we don’t listen to ourselves while
 speak and we don’t chew any 
gum either. However, when we
 consider not only our own drama, 
but the whole of human history 
and conclude, everything, that 
has happened, has led to the 
chaos of today, we must admit
 that the so-called human rights, 
world peace, brotherhood, equality,  
international cooperation, freedom
 of expression or religion, have 
not resulted in us being able 
to live peacefully, in a stable 
and viable social structure.

 

Division among different groups of people is greater than ever and this is explained by the fact, that we have never spoken – neither with ourselves, nor with each other - about the huge difference between DL and EL. People who are involved in meditation or spirituality pretend, their morals are better or higher than those who focus on earthly matters. Since technology has shown us that nothing was true about all our former religions, frantic attempts are made everywhere – of course, with language – to create conformity to new forms of togetherness or so-called group-think, which can be exploited.

 

We talk about thinking, believing, remembering, awareness, silence, meditation, oneness, knowledge, understanding or consciousness, but we fail to recognize, we always refer to our language. Because we are accustomed to and conditioned by DL, without even knowing or admitting it, we say, we are convinced, that a lot of things cannot be talked about. It is also said, one cannot talk about stillness, meditation or enlightenment, yet everyone wants to talk about it.

 

Certainly, there is something wrong with making so-called agreements about how we are going to talk about things. The so-called course in EL, for which you have to pay and buy and fill out some tedious work-book, never leads to EL, but only creates the illusion of EL. EL is not a course. Your LE does not come about, because I – or anyone else, who knows about it – want to share my LE with you.  Everyone would like it to be that way, but it isn't. I know what EL is and I guarantee, you will have it, if you talk with me after reading this. Coming home to yourself never ends, as you are going to start talking with yourself, while you talk with me. I don’t teach anybody anything. I don’t meet your expectations, all of which refer to your dreadful conditioning history with DL. When we have EL with each other, we leave behind what we believed to know. In EL, we are new and still, but with our language.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. When I translate what I had first written in Dutch, I can't help the tendency to elaborate and accentuate certain points I am making.

    ReplyDelete