Tuesday, August 22, 2023

 

Quiet,

 

I'm quiet, but I'm going to write about it anyway. It feels so good, to read this peaceful language while I write it. My Language Enlightenment (LE) is expressed in this way with my Embodied Language (EL). I've never heard anyone talk about this and I've never read anything about somebody talking about LE with EL. I'm still very proud that I have really discovered this, despite the fact that, socially speaking, I get almost no recognition for this.

 

You could rightly say, the lack of appreciation and respect for this, in my opinion, hugely important achievement, evokes in me persistence, as it really depends entirely on me. This is not something to complain about, as it is simply the reality of my LE.

 

Because of what I had heard and read about, I long expected, in vain, that recognition would come at some point, but now that I am enlightened myself, I know, there are only two or three people, who are  interested in this. I am not sad, on the contrary, I am very happy that I live such a simple, immaculate life.

 

During those busy years of teaching psychology, there were many enthusiastic students, but none of them remained. My efforts to get people to know about EL have led to many wonderful experiences, seminars, sessions and lectures, but even though it all contributed to what it is today, of the thousands of people I have met over the years, there is only my Dutch friend AnnaMieke, who wants to explore the possibilities of EL with me and there is my lovely wife Bonnie, with whom I am happily married. We decided together not to have children. I'm so glad we did, as it gave me the opportunity to dedicate myself to EL, which now so calmly voices my LE.

 

Perhaps the unsuspecting reader sometimes wonders what it is like to be enlightened? I often wondered about this myself, but have found out that it is very different from what I had imagined. It sounds unbelievable, but my life is getting better every day and actually every moment. When I spoke to AnneMieke today, it seemed an eternal peace was expressed. I enjoyed it, because AnnaMieke spoke about the beneficial effects of her EL, because even the silence and the wordlessness are caused by EL.

 

I feel tired now and am about to go to sleep, but I want to write a few more sentences to fill this page. I could also, of course, just leave it at that, but I'm curious what I can come up with at this last moment of the day. I don't care if it means nothing. I just like that it's nothing important and these unimportant words are tasted and enjoyed by me.

 

I feel a sense of permission and look forward to going to sleep in a few minutes. I will brush my teeth and make my bed. I sleep alone, because I don't want to disturb Bonnie. It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend and the weather has become a bit cooler again. I say goodbye to my language for now.

 

I just woke up without words.  I slept soundly and now wait to see if there is anything to write. I was suddenly reminded - by reading this writing - I had to laugh so much the other day, when I suddenly said to myself: be quiet Max, just rest. Unless we say this to ourselves repeatedly, we dare not remain without language. The silence, of saying nothing, hearing nothing, writing nothing and reading nothing, is only pleasant, when we are rested and e when we have had EL to our heart's content. This is the case with me and that is why I can speak about my LE. Only when there is no pressure can my EL express my LE. All those years, I was promoting EL, trying to teach it to others, I was still often without realizing it busy with Disembodied Language (DL) and so my LE couldn't come out well, although I already knew it was my LE that made me want EL.  

 

Since everyone is mostly engaged in DL, because of their conditioning, there was a contradiction in my tenacious desire to involve others in EL, but now that this inclination is gone, I find silence without language quite normal. It was something special at the time, because then, like everyone else, I was still defined by my conditioning history with DL. I can allow myself to be enlightened today, as there are no more words to be said, heard, written or read. What a rest and what a peace. I was reminded of something, but this time it's from a long time ago.

 

As a child I lived on the outskirts of the city, in the Rest&Peace district, in The Hague, the town, where I grew up in the Netherlands. It was then still a new neighborhood, with many open fields, where you could romp, catch frogs and salamanders and make a nice fire. When I say Rest&Peace, it goes way back, as it seems to me, I have always known my LE, but I couldn't get to it, because my language had not yet adapted to my experience. Now that my language is no longer in the way of my experience, there is no more conflict that inevitably arose, because there was always a difference between what I described with my language and my description, between my experience and how I spoke about my experience.

 

The word is never the thing, but only a reference to what it describes. My EL is always a reference to the silence of my LE. In half an hour Bonnie and I will go to the sports club together to do our gym exercises. I do some cardio exercises first, then some strength training and finish with my Qi-Gong routine. It is a luxury and so pleasant, to start the day like this. Our wordless workout is a great way to keep an eye and ear on how the energy of your body - and not of your mind, because it doesn't exist - changes from day to day and requires that we adjust to what it is.

 

It's Sunday now, but during the week, after I come back from my bodily ritual, I make my lunch, eat my breakfast, and then, I'm ready for the day, to do the physical work, which sometimes, when it's busy, can be quite heavy. I am a driver and a loader and unloader of a big truck full of irrigation products, that I deliver all around my town Chico. I also make sure that the warehouse and the yard are in order. I like my job, as it gives me regularity, a reasonable income and a good insurance. Also, my work has nothing to do with the psychology, which I have been so frantically engaged in for so many years and that is such an enrichment of my existence. Nobody at my work knows about my interest in language, because I never talk to anyone about it and don’t even feel the need to. If I go back in time, I simply could not even imagine, that everything would turn out the way it did, but I am heavenly happy and grateful, I live the way I can live now.

No comments:

Post a Comment