Monday, April 17, 2023

 

Fame,

 

I have been famous already and my Embodied Language (EL) doesn’t anymore want me to go there. Of course, initially, upon discovering EL, my conditioning history with Disembodied Language (DL) was still very strong and like everyone else, I sought to be famous. I was all over the place, trying to preach the gospel of The Language That Creates Space and willing to accommodate others, so that I could give another workshop, lecture or interview.

 

Although I didn’t know as much about EL as I know today, I was able to pull it off, get a bunch of people together and provide an experience of EL for each of the participants and make a lot of money with it. However, I wasn’t satisfied, as it was always an enormous effort, to find participants to have these brief, but beautiful events, since I wanted my EL or, more importantly, our EL, to continue forever and so, I tried everything I could, to make that happen.

 

Soon after arriving in the United Stated in 1999, I went back to school and studied Psychology for many years, but just before achieving my Ph.D. (I had already done all my course work, was accruing my clinical hours and writing on my dissertation), I withdrew from my studies, as it was painfully clear to me, that nobody was interested in EL. My whole reason for entering this field, had been, to explore and scientifically validate my DL/EL construct.

 

While it was a sad affair at the time, I feel very lucky, I didn’t become a Psychologist, as it surely would have hindered my pursuit of EL. I worked in various mental health jobs and then became a Psychology instructor at Butte College, where I, so to speak, had a regular audience of students, to teach about EL.

 

After years of teaching and introducing hundreds of students and faculty, to what I then called Sound Verbal Behavior, it was apparent, that to be able to continue with my EL, I needed to put this teaching career behind me. While most students really enjoyed my classes and I was able to teach EL and mainstream Psychology, EL showed why Psychology had totally failed us. For a while, I felt drawn to the marvelous work of B.F. Skinner, as it appeared to provide the scientific basis, I had been looking for. However, as a self-studied behaviorist, I had, due to my knowledge about the DL/EL distinction, my own interpretations and, consequently, I was accepted only by very few scientists and academicians, as I never really felt motivated to publish a paper on EL.   

 

My tendency to study,  which never seemed to subside – as an Associate Faculty in Psychology, I had free access to all the scientific journals and wrote many ferocious responses on my Facebook – came to an end after I read the book About Science, Life and Reality by L. Fraley. I hope that everyone, who is interested in EL, will read about his Behaviorology, as it details, how we individually create and live in our own reality. Needless to say, neither Fraley nor other Behaviorologists showed any interest in the obvious fact, that we, of course, each create and live in the reality, which is maintained by our language.

 

I feel so relieved, I was able to pull away from being a Seminar Leader and being involved in Psychology, Therapy, Behaviorism, Behaviorology and Education. For all these years, I had kept, unknowingly, busy with others, but now I have arrived at a stage in my life, where EL reveals my Language Enlightenment (LE). Although I have known about my LE since my early twenties, I felt, I didn’t have the right way to speak about it, as I was still continuously drawn into DL again and again. This has dramatically changed and although there are and probably will always be, remnants of my history with DL, I am very sure, that it always was my LE, which wanted me to have EL.

 

I suddenly feel a sense of completion, I have never before felt. I am no longer trying to reach anyone. This writing is my EL, which is always about the unfolding of my LE. If you happen to read this, you could have this EL too and know your LE. It is for everyone and it is priceless. I feel so satisfied, that I can now speak and write so freely about my LE with my EL.        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment