Wednesday, March 29, 2023

 

Laugh,

 

I can still laugh and am laughing more and more often, because I see very well it makes no sense to keep whining about all the misery. However, my exuberant laughter usually happens when I'm alone, since there's hardly anyone to laugh with me. You can only laugh with me – and at yourself – if you have Embodied Language (EL). The so-called laughter, to which everyone is accustomed, is like Disembodied Language (DL), a defense mechanism. Sigmund Freud spoke of desires that, because of social norms, must be suppressed, in order to avoid social rejection. For example, the whole false humor business is based on what he called Reaction Formation. It is still taboo to be yourself and so everyone, in DL, says in unison: it must remain funny and hilariously, everyone tries in vain to stay positive.

 

No one wonders why our usual, showy, serious, humorless behavior is, in reality, the complete opposite of what we really want. In DL, it's quite normal to keep pretending. Feelings of hatred, envy and anger are denied, only to talk very nicely and supposedly lovingly about Diversity, Inclusion and Equity, while everyone's laughter has dropped to zero.

 

Even the so-called humorists complain bitterly that it is apparently no longer allowed to simply laugh these days, about the undeniable fact that we try to deceive and cheat each other, day in and day out, about our real motivations and reasons, why we continue to behave so stupidly and violently. Of course, the behavior that is not allowed is tenderness and sensitivity. The only way to acknowledge this is with a different way of speaking. We have laughed the wrong way, as it was always about supposedly breaking the taboo - that we weren't allowed to laugh - but in EL we can, will and do laugh, a lot.

 

When a man or boy has the perception that he is or wants to be a woman or a girl and when a woman or girl feels herself to be a man or a boy, we are dealing with a classic case of Reaction Formation . It's actually quite laughable that our modern society still imposes such absurd norms and values ​​on us that we can no longer feel at home even in our own body. When we have EL, the fun really begins, because only then do we consciously realize that our usual way of speaking has really disembodied us. This is no joke and our laughter expresses our tension.

 

I laugh at other people's DL, because I can laugh at my own DL. Suddenly there is a lot to laugh about, if you can laugh at your own DL with your own EL, but it seems there is almost nothing to laugh about anymore when you try to pretend with DL, that you can laugh, in spite of all your problems and anxieties. I laugh daily at my own enlightenment, which was already the case many years ago, but which was constantly pushed into the background because of my own reactive way of speaking. Now that I have EL, instead of DL, I am no longer preoccupied with pretending that I always have EL, which of course is a lie. It's funny that virtue, lies, memory and enjoyment come together in one touch of EL. Even if you can't laugh about it just yet, rest assured that if I can do it, you can do it too. I'm not trying to be nice, but I will have fun for two or even for all of sad humanity still trapped in DL.

 

It is not true that humor, so to speak, arises out of all human drama. On the contrary, only when we feel really happy, can we laugh whole-heartedly at ourselves. That so-called laughing at another, at an anti-hero, a clumsy fool, a clown, has never resulted in us recognizing ourselves in it. We have always forgotten ourselves and locked ourselves up, with the so-called fun of others. I'm not participating in that. I have real humor. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm fun, because I like it. I used to make everyone laugh in class, but was always stopped by the teacher. When I became a teacher myself, I found out that students couldn’t laugh. I am having such fun being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment