Friday, November 3, 2023

 

Maximus,

 

I am Maximus and my name means something, which, only recently, I have come to fully accept. I am grateful, my father, gave me this name. It means the greatest. Several saints were called Maximus, including a seventh-century monk, theologian and scholar, known as Maximus the Confessor. I never knew Maximus is a typical name for a philosopher, a sage, a scholar or a theologian. I have discovered something really great, profound and beautiful.

 

My greatness isn’t arrogance, but it is my truth and ability to communicate who I am. If you get to know me, you will get to know yourself. Maximus equals self-knowledge, which is only acquired by Embodied Language (EL). I ridicule your pettiness for a reason, because I don’t even believe, that you have a mind. Without a mind, you can’t be called small-minded. Since you can’t talk in a meaningful way about your language and since you are only into small-talk, you engage in Disembodied Language (DL). You pretend, that your unintelligent, mechanical, effortful way of using language is important, but, in my opinion, it is utterly useless. Actually, your DL undermines you, but you are too much of a coward and too phony, to explore, why your craziness continues.

 

When I came to the United States, it struck me, that each time I said my name is Maximus, people would ask me: you go by Max? They immediately abbreviated my name. It happened so often, it used to piss me off. At some point, I got tired of insisting to be called Maximus, as it seems to be something of the superficial, superstitious American culture. I  was told repeatedly, that my attention for language is really deep, but, calling it deep is a defense to not get into it. Even when people miraculously become somewhat familiar with their EL – I taught many students about it – they still tend to minimize it, by considering it a theory, a concept, a perspective, a tool or a technique. Basically, people can’t stand EL, because it is too vast, too all-encompassing and too overwhelming. Surrender is the only way to come to know more about EL. I don’t want or need anyone to follow me, because EL is about expressing and following and acting on your own language.

 

My name has come to acquire a new meaning. To me, Maximus means authority. I am knowledgeable on what I speak and write about and people should have the respect, to listen to me and read my work with great care. My understanding is apparent and agreeing with me is instantaneously transformative. If you type my full name, Maximus Peperkamp, you can listen to my songs and talks about DL and EL, on my You Tube channel. Anyone, who takes time to listen to my songs or hear me speak, must wonder, how is it possible, that one person can have such a  variety of songs and is capable of saying what he says, with such certainty, clarity and authenticity?   

 

Many people have heard about Maximus Decimus Meridius from the movie, the Gladiator. Commodus – the emperor’s son, who kills his own father (Marcus Aurelius) – demands Maximus’s allegiance, but Maximus refuses and somehow manages to escape Commodus’s men. Later, after Maximus has entered the Colosseum, Commodus asks him “Why doesn’t the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name?”, but Maximus replies” My name is Gladiator.” Commodus objects, because that’s not his name, but his role. Maximus then takes off his helmet and tells Commodus, who he really is. “My name is Maximus Decidius Meridus, commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father of a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.” If I look back, on where I have been and what I have done, I’ve also been a fighting for my freedom with my DL. However, I took off my helmet, by declaring myself enlightened. My Language Enlightenment (LE) isn’t vengeance, but liberation. I have put DL in its place: DL is on its death bed. Due to my allegiance to my EL, I am victorious and have become crystal clear about my LE.

 

With DL, we, unknowingly, conceal our identity, but with EL, we reveal and come to know who we really are. Those who refuse to talk with me or listen to me, aren’t ready yet to acknowledge who they are. Quite literally, they can’t say what they want to say. Of course, they too want to be who they are, but, as long as they don’t say it, they can’t be who they are. You can’t say who you are with DL and saying it with EL can only happen, once you have stopped your DL. It is said, seeing is believing, but – you may quote me on that – Maximus says: saying is believing, because only then, you can and will hear yourself.

 

Lastly, the Gluteus Maximus, commonly referred to as your butt, is a strong hip stabilizer. If the Gluteus Maximus is weak, trunk lurches backward (Gluteus Maximus Lurch) at heel-strike on weakened side to interrupt forward motion. The Gluteus Maximus, is the largest muscle of our body, without which we cannot stand or walk erectly. It is due to this muscle that humans, unlike other primates with flatter hips, are bipedal. The Gluteus Maximus plays a major role in walking. Walking and talking go well together and when we talk and walk together, we move physically in the same direction and are more likely to become  psychologically attuned to ourselves and each other.             

No comments:

Post a Comment