Sunday, November 26, 2023

 

Politics,

 

Although politics, per definition, involves endlessly escalating – and seemingly diminishing – cycles of Disembodied Language (DL), there is, of course, a relationship, between how these political narratives increase or decrease our individual wellbeing. The word politics derives from the Greek word, politika, science or art of government. Polis means city, fort, citadel, state or community of citizens; politikos, pertaining to the state and its administration or public life; ta politika, affairs of the state. Only an orderly, stable and safe society could give rise to Embodied Language (EL). I lived in the Netherlands, when I discovered my EL for the first time. Initially, I couldn’t believe it, that I really had found what I had found, but later, it became clear, due to my ongoing EL, I had found my Language Enlightenment (LE).

 

The great happiness I have discovered in my own EL, allowed me to acknowledge and accept the pain and suffering, I had endured, due to my involvement in DL. In the beginning, I cried very often, whenever I was able to return to my EL, as it was such a relief, but where I am now, I no longer feel I am returning to my EL, because I have it almost all the time. Today, I only sporadically notice the great difference between my DL and my EL, when, for whatever sad or horrible reason, I happen to engage in DL again.

 

As anyone who reads this understands, my journey with EL is a personal matter. If you are interested in pursuing your own EL, you will definitely be going your own way. Politics is the total opposite, because it is a set of activities, that are associated with making decisions in group or other forms of power relations among individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status. Hilariously, the branch of social science that studies politics and government is referred to as political science. DL is ubiquitous in  in every society, around the world, because it is the fundament on which all politics is based. EL is about the individual, but DL is always about the group.

 

When people say, politics as usual, what they mean to say is, we are having negative, coercive, brutal,  problematic, unnatural, automatic, unintelligent DL as usual. With DL we are not free and the so-called freedom of speech isn’t attained, because we need to have EL to be free, as individuals. And, when it is said, we should leave our politics out of it, what we are trying to say, but never quite succeed in saying, is that we would like to stop DL and have EL instead.

 

While it may be somewhat true, that the politics are slowly changing, our destructive DL has continued unabated, as it was never accurately addressed. DL is our commonly accepted, profoundly problematic  way of dealing with language, which sets the stage for all the chaos, conflicts, problems, violence and fragmentation, which keep on increasing, because we have remained incapable of speaking about it.

 

People may say, in politics, he or she is a Democrat or a Republican, but what we are really saying is, we have an excuse to dominate, force, manipulate, fool,  exploit, disrespect, impair and hurt people with our language, as it fits with the story, we prefer to hear. Surely, politics is – and has always been – a cop-out of authentic human relationship. In DL, speakers, unconsciously, make it seem, as if they are better, higher, holier or more important than the listener.           

 

Make no mistake, as long as we are still having some superficial, idle conversation about everything, from the weather to politics, we aren’t talking about the real issue, which is: as long as our unrealistic, stupid, tenacious DL keeps going, we cannot have any EL. Surely, we aren’t having any EL, because we are all, unconsciously, trapped by habitual, insensitive DL.

 

Politicians do the exact same things as everyone else: they engage in DL. Like you, they make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and talk about  a better future, which never comes. You too like to stay in power, whether as a father, a mother, a lover, a friend, a volunteer, a consumer, citizen or believer. Yes, you too engage in DL basically every day, as you don’t know how to have ongoing EL. When it comes to how you use your language, you are not joyful, relaxed, playful or creative, but you are coercive, pretentious, defensive and manipulative. You don’t even recognize the simple fact, your happiness must have its own language. It is often said, that this or that issue has been politicized, but politicians talk like everyone else. Our usual way of speaking, DL, sets the stage for how we govern ourselves and, yes, there is a lot of abuse of power going on politics as well as in our daily lives. Presumably, left and right in politics is about right and wrong, but since both parties engage in DL, it is about wrong and wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment