Wednesday, January 25, 2023

 

Crying,

 

Monday, I was doing my deliveries to Yuba City. I drove the flatbed-truck over the freeway and spotted a coyote, who was trying to cross busy traffic. I was terrified, held up my hand and screamed “No, don’t do this!” Suddenly, I felt so emotional about this small, beautiful, vulnerable animal. While driving on the road, I’ve seen dead cats, dogs, birds, racoons, possums, dear, snakes, rats and rabbits, but I felt, it could have been me, who ran over the poor coyote. Luckily, it seemed he or she had seen me too (or perhaps, I was only imagining), as he or she quickly turned around. I let out a great sigh of relief, but kept feeling dreadful and worried, he or she might still get runned over some other time, may be, even by me.

 

I cried for about half an hour and even now, that I write this, tears are flowing again. I guess, I identify with this wild coyote. I love to hear coyotes howl together, in the hills, where they are safe. On my way back, I glanced over to the other side of the road, to see if there was dead body, but I didn’t see one. I still felt this pit feeling, remembering this sweet animal, but was also happy, he or she must still be alive and running around somewhere. Coincidentally, my wife had shown me a video of an old man, who had found a half-dead coyote puppy in his backyard. He managed to bottle feed it back to life and it became his pet. He made the video, because so often people hate the coyotes, who sometimes like to eat their chicken, but he was showing how incredibly affectionate the coyote was with him.

 

Today, I made my deliveries again. I looked where I had seen the coyote before, but didn’t see one. However, when I briefly looked at the other side of the road, I was shocked to see that, crossing the busy road, had meant the end for my dear friend. I broke out in tears again and started sobbing and sobbing. Even now that I write this, I am still crying. I could also have died, because I was also trying to cross that road, so many times, but somehow, I got spared. Why am I still alive? To let you know about my Language Enlightenment (LE) and my  Embodied Language (EL). I too wanted to cross that busy road of Disembodied Language (DL), but now I do that no more.       

1 comment:

  1. Dank je wel lieve vriendin. Ik kijk uit naar onze volgende ontmoeting. Fijne dag nog.

    ReplyDelete