Monday, January 23, 2023

 

Dismiss,

 

Before you dismiss my claim, that I am enlightened, please pause and recognize, that I consider you to be enlightened too, although you lack the ability to talk about it. When I discovered my enlightenment, in my mid-twenties, I felt, I wanted to share it with everyone, but it soon became painfully clear to me, I was not having the verbal ability to do so.

 

I had discovered my enlightenment, while speaking out loud with myself and listening to the sound of my voice, but I failed, again and again, to listen to myself, whenever I spoke with others. I remember, I had a friend, who I told about my enlightenment. I was so excited to tell him, that it had happened, while I was listening to the sound of my voice, while I spoke. He asked: will I also become enlightened, if I listen to my voice while I speak? I blurted out: yes,  but immediately realized, he wasn’t really listening to his own voice. He wasn’t even serious and didn’t believe what was saying. I then told him, that he wasn’t listening to himself, but he then became defensive and said: you are telling me, to listen to myself, but you are not listening to yourself either. I couldn’t help, but admit, that he was right and so I began, my exploration of Embodied Language (EL).

 

I kept talking out loud with myself and experiencing my Language Enlightenment (LE). I tried everything I could, to inform others about this wonderful new way of talking – in which we listen to the sound of our own voice, while we speak – due to which I had discovered my LE, but I could only briefly create the environment in which EL would happen. For years, I successfully gave many sessions, seminars, lectures, lessons and workshops, but it became apparent to me, EL happened only because I had initiated it. I  grew tired of reaching out and being, for the most part, rejected, then gave up on teaching altogether.

 

After I had given up teaching (I was a psychology instructor at Butte College for almost nine years), it dawned on me, I had been wrong in believing, that I could speak about my LE with everyone. The only way in which people would understand me, was if they could have EL with me. However, having EL on my own, turned out to be much nicer, than trying to have EL with others. Simply stated, being busy with others, triggered my own conditioning history with Disembodied Language (DL) again and again. So, after I had stopped teaching, I was happy to have more EL again on my own and this, made me realize, it was my LE, that had made me want to have EL, in the first place. Throughout my long adventurous journey with EL and LE, things always became clear for me again, if I spoke out loud with myself and listened to my voice.

 

Another way of summarizing the aforementioned, was, I had not yet fully acknowledged, that talking with myself was more important to me, than talking with others. As the years went by and I kept talking out loud with myself and listening to my own voice, my way of talking with others changed drastically. At some point, which happened recently, I gave up completely on trying to talk with anyone, who still engages in DL. I only want to talk with someone, who can have EL with me. From that point, I only shared my LE with my wife Bonnie and my dear Dutch friend AnnaMieke. And, I would only direct words, to those with DL, with writings like these.

 

Bonnie, with whom I have been married for thirty eight years, witnessed my whole odyssey with LE, which was born out of our love for each other. She has seen and heard me go through many ups and downs, in the challenging process of living with my LE and having to figure out, how to have EL. Initially, I didn’t know, that all my many problem behaviors, where created and maintained by my DL and had to be stopped, before I was able to have ongoing EL.

 

While everyone else is having DL, these two great women and I, are the only three people, who have EL. It sounds absurd, but it is the truth. AnnaMieke, my old friend, I had not spoken with for twenty-five years, got back in touch with me, around that time, that I was done with teaching. Because of her, my writing about EL and LE became more important and my elaborately written instructions resulted in remarkable changes in my behavior, which couldn’t have come about in any other way. Moreover, with AnnaMieke, I have weekly skype-conversations, in which we explore together our LE with our EL. We have left DL to those who want to have DL, because we decided to continue our exploration of EL, which is the expression of our LE. This magnificent journey is so rewarding, as it clarified, what could only have been clarified by our writing. I feel grateful to my wife Bonnie and to my friend AnnaMieke, because I couldn’t have done this without them. I experience the beneficial effects of our combined LE every day.

 

Surely, it would be wonderful if others would join us, but, so far, this hasn’t happened. I still believe it is bound to happen, since our LE is so tangible and clearly expressed by our EL. Sooner or later, it is going to be noticed, that each of us possesses this unique ability to evoke EL in others, due to which they too become aware about their LE. The writings of AnnaMieke and me are going to bring this about, because Bonnie is not involved in writing about LE.

 

So, while you read this writing, I want you to accept, that I am enlightened, so that you, in turn, come to accept and know your own enlightenment. It is just that simple. If you trust me, you will begin to trust yourself. I promise, your life will be better with EL, after you have stopped yourself from participating in DL. Stopping your DL is something you can only do, if you have enough so-called motivation, that is, experience of EL, which expresses everything you always wanted to express and are capable of. There can’t be any motivation to put a permanent end to your involvement in DL, without enough exploration of your own EL. So, yes, you can come to terms with your history of conditioning with DL, by believing me, you can have ongoing EL, alone, just like that.

 

With EL, you recognize, who you truly are. Your LE allows you to be a nobody and you will be perfectly fine without who you believed yourself to be. Your EL shows you a different way of life. Conflict comes to an end and you are clear and free, because your language works for you, instead of against you. This is why it is called LE, since you embody every word you use and your descriptions create and maintain the new reality, which you experience. There is no doubt that this is true, as you are in charge of your own language and talk and write how you want to.                  

1 comment:

  1. Dear reader, I am so happy to read this. Here is what my dear friend AnnaMieke wrote in response to my writing (I translated her words from Dutch): "From my silence I experience in what you write, what has unfolded from my own language and nothing but silence remains, and I have come into my own enlightenment...... love..." Thank you. She also writes beautifully about her LE on her blog every day: https://ontvouwenineigentaal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete